Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2003, 09:58 AM   #1
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

This is hell (literally). I'm at the cave where that mimic is that steals your clothes...how the heck do I get them back? and how the heck do I get out of here?
Old 12-19-2003, 10:14 AM   #2
MagiK

A mimic steals your clothes?? ROTFL heheheheh thats funny...sorry mate, Im only to the Golem Island, so can't help ya.
Old 12-19-2003, 11:11 AM   #3
Legolas
Jack Burton

Spoilers, like in the topic title...
You need to put your puzzle ring on and off to pass the obstacles first.
Then you have to go down to the second level.
You can destroy the mimic there, but unless you've already gotten that far I won't go into the how.
At the end of it, you'll get your exit.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 05:55 PM   #4
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

possible spoiler.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
im at that level, I just can't figure out how to open that door. I suspect those statues have something to do with it?
Old 12-21-2003, 06:41 AM   #5
Legolas
Jack Burton

More spoilers
Read only if you reached the second level
The machines spit out gems. The rats like to scavage gems. The mimic also likes to collect the gems. There's a device in the middle of the area with a lever beside it. Pulling the level generates a column of flame. Mimics don't like roaring fires.
All you have to do is lure it to the right spot, then pull the lever.
A demon will appear, and once his buisness with you is done you can take the astral gate out of there.
Old 12-21-2003, 02:28 PM   #6
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

Now that makes sense, thanx
Old 12-30-2003, 09:19 PM   #7
Iron Duke
Welcomed New User

Whoo, yeah, thanks a bunch; that helps a lot.

[ 01-01-2004, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 03:08 PM   #8
The.Relic
Red Dragon

I am having a heck of a time with this blinking mimic. I have piles of gems sitting in the frying cirle, a pile or two just outside the circle, I keep killing rats up the ying yang while I wait, but that blasted mimic just wont move. After waiting an hour I shut down in annoyance.
What do I have to do, go to the lil bugger and tease him all the way to the circle with a trail of gem piles?

Spoiler about that door if you are interested!
SPOILER! !
I never did find a way to open that blasted door. I was pulling my hair out, retracing all my steps, ring on ring off, no keys, no secret portal or doorways. I was about ready to give up after a couple of hours of frustration. Then I remembered that blinking necklace. I poly'ed into a Pixie and flew past the door to the other side, 'poofed' back into human form, walked to the back of the chamber and went to the next level.
The.Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 07:21 PM   #9
Legolas
Jack Burton

You basically go to the lil bugger and tease him all the way to the circle with a trail of gem piles, yes [img]smile.gif[/img]

One pile in the circle, maybe four or five piles to where the mimic is, and there you are

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 01-06-2004, 12:28 PM   #10
Epona
Zartan

SPOILER
Opening the door is a piece of piss. There are 3 statues pointing towards the door (or you can push them to point to the door, just like the ones in the earlier chapter but these ones don't need locking in place), and you just know that they should blast the door away when you pull that lever, right? On all those blooming islands, the ones you teleport between by watching the arrows and pulling levers -well 3 of the islands have 2 levers, and the spare lever gets a coloured glowing light over it when you pull it, and the colour changes. Now what colour was the lightning field blocking the door? Make all the lights above the 3 spare levers glow the same colour as the lightning field, teleport your way back to the statues island by island, pull the lever behind the statues and bingo...

Yes it is a right royal pain in the arse to go through all that, the mimic's chamber has to rate as the most irritating area in the whole game!