Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-17-2001, 06:35 PM   #1
Boomshay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had Amoen and Aerie in the same party for most of the game. When Amoen didnt pass his test and went crazy Aerie said she was worried about him. He of course flipped out and killed her. I figured if he killed her and then resurected her it would all be okay. I was right. I got rid of Amoen after that.
BUT NOW AERIE doesnt obey my commands, she like walks as far as she wants and stops, doesnt cast spells some times, and jsut sucks. I would get rid of her but I made her into a really good mage.
HELP ANYONE?!?!?!?!
-boomshay
Old 09-17-2001, 08:08 PM   #2
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

why did you let anomen fail his test? not good. either get new characters, load an old save, or start over.
Old 09-17-2001, 10:29 PM   #3
Boomshay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I wasnt exactly the biggest fan of Anomen (excuse my earlier spelling and stupidity). And I didnt think he would attack Aerie, of all people, though I can understand his irritation.
I guess Im going to have to find myself a new mage, cause i think Aerie is hopeless at this point.
boomshay
Old 09-18-2001, 12:20 AM   #4
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Seems to me you are going to have a hard time finding a cleric. Anomen is the best cleric in the game and then not having aerie is going to be a problem too. You either are going to have to use a druid or go with an evil character (unless of course your main is a cleric)
Old 09-18-2001, 01:26 AM   #5
Boomshay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My thoughts exactly. My character is not a cleric this time and Im not sure what Im going to do without either of them. And I decided to give Valygar a shot. I cant seem to get him anywhere though, he just doesnt contribute shit to the group. Id almost want Nalia instead (almost haha). Any advice on improving him?
Has anyone else experienced this crap with Aerie? Cause it sucks.
boomshay
Old 09-18-2001, 02:36 AM   #6
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

i would personally go evil and get viconia and edwin (if you don't already have him). having a mix of good and evil characters gives some fun dialouges and is more fun, IMO.

Valygar is next to useless, also IMO. He does get a 3x backstab modifier, but he has no other thieving skills, and his magic skills are pitiful. Stalkers are a useless kit.
Old 09-18-2001, 03:53 AM   #7
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

hmm. try killing and resurrecting her again. if still probs, have the priest cast restoration on her. what she's going through is not pissiness but a weird bug. i assume youre patched.
Old 09-18-2001, 12:42 PM   #8
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

It's a bug. Aerie and Jaheira get it. I had a game where I was playing around and the exact same thing happened. Anomen attacked Aerie (killed Anomen) and then Aerie got a case of the stutters. I think there's a patch to fix it. I keep saved games religiously, so I just re-load if it happens. It seems to be rare and hasn't happenned at all since I loaded up TOB.
Old 09-18-2001, 08:22 PM   #9
Boomshay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks everyone for their help, I think the solution for me is going to be getting TOB (which i should have got a long time ago). My prob is I dont save enough, often yes, but many files no. Valygar is out, and I got Viconia in. I never had her paired with Edwin, I think its going to be interesting.
Boomshay