Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-23-2000, 09:26 PM   #1
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi,

SPOILER SPACE
I'm pretty far behind in this game as I've been beefing my characters up, but I finally gave the Dragon Spire a go. Not too hard, but when I finally got to the dragon, I looked in my inventory, and lo and behold...my Shroud of Elsera was gone. Disappeared! I really pay close attention to things, but I must have dropped it somehow???
Anyone lose a special item like this? I have no idea where I dropped it, on one of my saves a few days back, I still have it. But after I changed to an Assassin, somewhere between then and now, I lost it. I could try going back to the castle and see if its there again, I checked all the shops to see if I did something dumb like sell it...

So, my question for the more advanced players, if you drop or sell something like this, will it end up back where you got it, or are you totally screwed?

Now, it wasn't the end of the world, so I had to fight the dragon. Kind of tough, only 300,000 exp each, nothing like the tales I've heard of Oakenmir...

Does this impact the game at all? Just wondering for those of you who killed the dragon and then finished the game. I didn't want to kill him, and I may not have to, but at the time I saw no other options...

You guys were right, the mavin isn't much of a sword. Man, my idea of a sword of destiny in an RPG, is one that dishes out the damage! I mean, if its so legendary, why so little power?

Oh well, onward to Brimloch Roon....

Scronan
Old 10-23-2000, 10:28 PM   #2
Genie

It happened to me with the Book of Servant. At first I thought I sold it, but as I think back on it - I don't think I did. I honestly don't remember selling it. Luckily I still had it on a previous save as well, so all was not lost. I was still able to perform the summoning. Since all the shops seemed to keep the stuff you sell them and sell them back if you want them, I checked every shop, it was not there. I went back to the library in the Serpent Temple, it was not there. I went through a lot of traveling and cursing before I discovered it on a previous save.

Old 10-23-2000, 10:35 PM   #3
Haavok1

I have the same problem, lost master key in Shur Castle, cannot find if I dropped it or if I sold it, not to be found in the town. No previous saves far enough back that have it. looks like I'm stuck

Old 10-23-2000, 10:44 PM   #4
EH_Portia

Same thing happenned to me inside of Collasium -- one of the three gems you need literally just 'poof' disappearred from my inventory.

Is it possible that while running by a rat-thief or a fawn that they stole the items and you never noticed them gone? However, I never encountered thief monsters in collasium, so I can gaurantee that no one stole it there.

-EH

Old 10-23-2000, 11:28 PM   #5
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hmm, I suppose it could have been theived, but I usually anniliate any such monsters and make a quick glance at any loot that drops. So, if this happened, are items saved in the overworld, or dissapear upon shutdown?

I really dont want to lose 3 days of work, but I'll try a few more things.....

Scronan
Old 10-23-2000, 11:51 PM   #6
Silencer

I have looked to the Shurugen crank for days, but now - after some told me where to find it, and I already was there - it is obvious that I lost it. I checked the shoppes and the area, too, without finding anything.

Now there a two possibilities:

- it is a bug -> that would be really bad
- some npc's can steal. But where could it then be found???

As I have NO save game previous to the loss, and having played quite far now, I really grow angry. In both cases this seems to be bad concept for W&W!

Any activision / heuristic park people there to clarify this??

Old 10-28-2000, 03:12 AM   #7
BabbleDabble

My playing partner discovered one of the ways some of you might have lost important quest items. If you have a quest item on a character and remove him from the party at the inn, the quest item(s) disappear from his inventory.
He learned this the hard way...his one man party stored his Viper Temple Monkey Idols on a mule character at the inn because a one character party doesn't really have alot of room.
He didn't know they were gone until he needed them.
Talk about frustration trying to figure out what the hell happened to them, he remembered he stored them on his inn character.
He told me about his discovery and we checked it out with retired characters at the inn holding old quest items from the crypt, (e.g. bauble stick, crypt keys, etc.), and they were gone as well.

He had no choice but to reset the adventures and start over...with a badass char though so it didn't take long to get back to where he was.

Isn't that a hoot!? These little gamestopping bugs in the game are far more frightening than the monsters. Hopefully it's only a bug and not part of the game because the game seems to be set up to where if you want to roleplay, you wouldn't, for instance, take a paladin along with a character doing the assassin quest.

The game is alot of fun...even with all these little annoyances and setbacks. Would be awesome without them though.

Old 10-28-2000, 01:55 PM   #8
Eldurin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Another thing that can cause you to lose items is to switch classes and not have room in your inventory for the items that get automtically unequipped (because the new class can't use them). I lost good armor this way.