Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2002, 01:01 PM   #11
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
Wow, that blows my mind. You don't see that much honesty anymore. The reason I ask is, several of our Canadian troops were killed by "friendly fire" from a US war plane. S**t happens in war, but could it have been avoided?
Well by definition accidents can't be avoided, because if they could...they would have been...in any human endeavor there are going to be accidents and you cannot avoid them all.

Old 05-09-2002, 01:03 PM   #12
MagiK

Well in theory we do have business to conduct in the Middle east not related to Al-queda but terror related, Syria, Iraq, Iran and other nations also promote the use of terror against their neighbors and other nations abroad, so as the lone super power and the nation that seems to always be looked to for action, we do have some moral responsibility too.

Old 05-09-2002, 01:05 PM   #13
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
No, we have no "real" reason, other than economic, for being in the Middle East at this time. If Bin Laden has not been caught by now we aren't going to catch him in the near future. As I stated in other posts, he most likely has not been in Afghanistan since 12 September, if he is even still alive.... He is most likely in Iran or the Sudan.

I agree with Charean--we should have sent in some covert forces, not a large force and topple the government that existed. Don't get me wrong--I was against the Taliban government--but this will probably come back haunt us in the future (as most of our other Middle-East decisions have over the years). Anyway, covert ops should have been the choice, because they could have done more behind the scenes.
Don't forget that the taliban and Al-Queda are not the only terrorist organizations that are targeting US property and citizens.

Old 05-09-2002, 01:17 PM   #14
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Well in theory we do have business to conduct in the Middle east not related to Al-queda but terror related, Syria, Iraq, Iran and other nations also promote the use of terror against their neighbors and other nations abroad, so as the lone super power and the nation that seems to always be looked to for action, we do have some moral responsibility too.
Don’t forget Israel which promotes terror against it's own citizens and neighbours.