Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-14-2001, 06:31 AM   #21
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
Thanks, Mahlennacht for the extensive explanation - almost "Germanly thorough" I'd say !

I am afraid that as a German word your username doesn't make do much sense, but so what: it sounds and looks nice and I'll second the incomparable archbabe Melusine and say that the story behind it is interesting.

Ramon!! Good to see you again!! *hugs*
How've you been??

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-14-2001, 07:34 AM   #22
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Ramon!! Good to see you again!! *hugs*
How've you been??

Dearest Melusinchen !

Thank you very much for the warm "reception".

At the end of August I finally managed to have the topic of my final thesis registered with my universtiy/faculty. I also have begun another job, parallel to the one teaching German. The new one is being the "regional manager" for a company that acts as kind of broker between, mostly, Australian universities and German students interested in studying there. Between my two jobs and my final thesis I have been/ are/ will be/ ought to have been/ should get very busy indeed.

How are you ? Still not in the right condition for lifting up Rikard and hurling him into the North Sea as the well-deserved punishment for all his impertinencies ?

On Rammstein: you might not be aware of it, but their reputation here in Germany
is a rather "spotty" one. They have been excused of promotiong fascist ideas or of at least exploiting and abusing the appeal of a fascistic "esthetics". I don't know their music well enough to make a fair judgement if those accusations are substantiated and justified, but I wanted to tell you that you might get some strange looks if you mention them enthusiastically to some Germans.

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 09-14-2001).]
Old 09-14-2001, 07:48 AM   #23
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Dearest Melusinchen !

Thank you very much for the warm "reception".

At the end of August I finally managed to have the topic of my final thesis registered with my universtiy/faculty. I also have begun another job, parallel to the one teaching German. The new one is being the "regional manager" for a company that acts as kind of broker between, mostly, Australian universities and German students interested in studying there. Between my two jobs and my final thesis I have been/ are/ will be/ ought to have been/ should get very busy indeed.

How are you ? Still not in the right condition for lifting up Rikard and hurling him into the North Sea as the well-deserved punishment for all his impertinencies ?

On Rammstein: you might not be aware of it, but their reputation here in Germany
is a rather "spotty" one. They have been excused of promotiong fascist ideas or of at least exploiting and abusing the appeal of a fascistic "esthetics". I don't know their music well enough to make a fair judgement if those accusations are substantiated and justified, but I wanted to tell you that you might get some strange looks if you mention them enthusiastically to some Germans.

Hey Ramon! Heh, I've missed being called "dearest Melusinchen"! LOL, perhaps that should be my final reply to your "addressing a lady thread"
Wow, your life sounds very busy indeed! I'm glad you've found the second job, it sounds like a good one! Whew, only the thought of the amount of work you're probably doing makes me faint...you rightly guessed I still can't administer righteous punishment to Rikard, on the contrary, my health's even further deteriorated I'm afraid... Hey I'd be interested to hear your thesis topic, what exactly will it be about??
About Rammstein, actually they are more left- than rightwing, politically speaking, if they even concern themselves with politics at all. Sometimes accusations are just false, and I know from numerous interviews they shouldn't even for a minute be associated with any fascist sympathies. That said, I do think their band name is utterly tasteless.
However, that isn't wholly deserved, because their song 'Rammstein' is just their way of dealing with that tragedy. Anyway such misunderstandings come into being so easily... I remember so many people who thought "Links" was a reference to their political views, whereas if they'd listen to the actual lyrics, they'd heard: "Sie wollen mein Herz am rechten Fleck/Doch seh ich dann nach unten weg/Dann schlägt es links". Of course it *is* using the word ambiguously, but that's always been their style. I actually think some of their lyrics are exceptionally good!

Edit: as an illustration of the pathetic state I'm in: had to use backspace every other letter when writing this post, and still had to come back to edit out mistakes!

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art

[This message has been edited by Melusine (edited 09-14-2001).]
Old 09-14-2001, 07:49 AM   #24
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Dearest Melusinchen !
See, R^3, you DO know how to address a lady!

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

*Newly abducted - er, inducted - member of the HADB clan. Mage extraordinair.*
Old 09-14-2001, 08:15 AM   #25
Link
Jack Burton

I call that beginners luck!!!

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 09-14-2001, 02:52 PM   #26
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:

You have no idea.... Ramonx3 is world renowned for his "charm", and for good reasons.

And he's my mentor.

------------------
Old 09-14-2001, 03:10 PM   #27
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Hey Ramon! Heh, I've missed being called "dearest Melusinchen"! LOL, perhaps that should be my final reply to your "addressing a lady thread"
Wow, your life sounds very busy indeed! I'm glad you've found the second job, it sounds like a good one! Whew, only the thought of the amount of work you're probably doing makes me faint...you rightly guessed I still can't administer righteous punishment to Rikard, on the contrary, my health's even further deteriorated I'm afraid... Hey I'd be interested to hear your thesis topic, what exactly will it be about??
About Rammstein, actually they are more left- than rightwing, politically speaking, if they even concern themselves with politics at all. Sometimes accusations are just false, and I know from numerous interviews they shouldn't even for a minute be associated with any fascist sympathies. That said, I do think their band name is utterly tasteless.
However, that isn't wholly deserved, because their song 'Rammstein' is just their way of dealing with that tragedy. Anyway such misunderstandings come into being so easily... I remember so many people who thought "Links" was a reference to their political views, whereas if they'd listen to the actual lyrics, they'd heard: "Sie wollen mein Herz am rechten Fleck/Doch seh ich dann nach unten weg/Dann schlägt es links". Of course it *is* using the word ambiguously, but that's always been their style. I actually think some of their lyrics are exceptionally good!

Edit: as an illustration of the pathetic state I'm in: had to use backspace every other letter when writing this post, and still had to come back to edit out mistakes!

Sarah,

I am awfully sorry to hear that your health has even further deteriorated - I had hoped so much that you had gotten at least a little better over the past few months ... That must be so very frustrating ...

*Hugs*

You seem to know much more about Rammstein - both about their music as well as about their public image problems than I do.

On my final thesis: I will only talk about that briefly in order not bore you or others to death. It is about how the German federal states market themselves abroad (mostly to [potential] foreign investors) and especially on the communication strategies they employ in that effort. (The exact German title is: "Kommunikationsstrategien im internationalen Standortmarketing der Bundesländer"). Well, don't blame me - you were the one who was careless enough to ask.

Take care !

Guido

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Old 09-14-2001, 03:18 PM   #28
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
See, R^3, you DO know how to address a lady!
You mean to say the solution is actually as simple as that !

... okay then, from now on I shall address every lady with "Dearest Melusinchen".

------------------
So long !

Old 09-14-2001, 03:20 PM   #29
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
You mean to say the solution is actually as simple as that !

... okay then, from now on I shall address every lady with "Dearest Melusinchen".

You are ROTTEN!!!!

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

*Newly abducted - er, inducted - member of the HADB clan. Mage extraordinair.*
Old 09-14-2001, 03:22 PM   #30
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Link, I am fortunately not weakened to the point that I couldn't come, grab an impertinent little Dutch boy and dump him into the North Sea !

------------------
So long !