Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2000, 08:28 AM   #1
TLan

I had my first char in BG2 as a fighter. After completing the de'Arnise keep quest Nalia offered it to me, for supervising anyway. Well, nice joint so I said OK . Major domo said that I should visit in now and then, generally every second week. So I thought that being the 'benevolent' landlord I am, I'll visit each week.

Now, how long is that blasted week? I checked by the game clock when 5 days passed, and went to keep and guess what? Dang 'em trolls were already there again! So I smacked them and done, got the keep back. After that, I think, on game clock passed some 2-3 days and I happened that way again. All was well, I had to manage few things here and there. I left again and now, after 2 (!) days by game clock I come back and the joint is overrun again!

I mean, what the hell is going on? I understand that if I don't visit it for, say, 1 in-game month time, it would be overrun, OK. But 2 days max of in-game time and it's down again? I am getting tired of rooting out those green dudes every time I turn my back...

And yes, every time, before it was overrun again, the keep was 'mine' - people in it, major domo with whom I chatted, etc.

So what's up? I can't trust the in-game clock?

Old 11-16-2000, 08:34 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Are you talking about trolls being inside the keep itself? Hmm, sounds like you have an infestation! You really should discipline that majordomo of yours if he can't even keep trolls out.

Week is 5 days in BG2 as far as i know, because that's how the thieves guild is managed. But weeks in the Realms are actually tendays, with 3 weeks to a month (30 days). So I went to my thieves guild after a tenday and found that the quotamaster had been and gone and my thieves guild had been confiscated.
Old 11-16-2000, 08:42 AM   #3
TLan

Those trolls are then everywhere. I have to circle the castle, where I smack handful of goblins and couple of trolls, and then I have to clear the first and second, also the roof of castle from trolls. They never 'appear' again in the dungeon/cellar..

I figured, after I cleared the castle for second time, that since the gold comes weekly (does it?), then as soon as I see the message "Gold has been placed in your keep" I'll go over and check things out. Well hell, no dice - I go there and I have to play Orkin man again.

I mean, I pay them salaries and feed them, being the Lord and all and that's the thanks I get? They live there on my back and can't keep the keep clear?

But really, with what interval should I check my keep? Is 5 days by game clock OK, or is there something else I have to do to keep the trolls out forever?

Old 11-16-2000, 08:55 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Sounds like something fishy is going on in your keep. I don't know if that should be happening. Why not try resting there for 5 days and see if they appear.
Old 11-16-2000, 08:55 AM   #5
Armisael

What? There shouldn't be trolls in the keep at all after you killed TorVal, which you must have done to get the keep. Sounds like a bug to me. Are they attacking your servants? It all sounds very messed up to me.

Old 11-16-2000, 08:56 AM   #6
Armisael

TorGal, I meant.

Old 11-16-2000, 09:06 AM   #7
TLan

It is weird.. From start, I checked every corner and hole and behind every door and smacked everything I found. Did so on first floor, second floor, roof, courtyard and then went down to cellar. Beated the crap out of Tor'Val (btw has anyone got it to talk, to reveal who's behind it all? Me and him always come to blows ) and then Nalia speaks. We get out and she offers me the keep (yeah I saved also all whom I could save). So all is nice, I talk with major domo etc, done.

I leave the keep, mark the note on the map "Visited day this-and-this, hour that-and-that" and then check the game clock when 5 days pass, to visit the keep again (as major domo also suggested). I get into the area, check the map and dang, my note is gone and there's the game notes, just like they were before I 'cleaned the house'. In fort is standing Nalia's aunt who bickers on me (that old coot), and EVEN the captain ARAT! Not the second guy who's name was.. well whatever it was, with H.. something. Instead of gravestones at the keep gate are again the poles. So I scout the area, smack trolls there, and then enter the keep. I find handful of trolls here or there (but not in the cellar anymore), kill them off, rest in empty keep, leave area and come back and wham! My note is on the map again, major domo speaks as if nothing happened?

So once I leave, I come back again later to check the place out, this time only sooner (according to game clock), llike 2 days sooner and what I see? It's OVERRUN again! With Arat in fort, next to that old coot (but in both cases there was no Nalia's father bodyguard, once I smacked him first time, he's gone for good), inside are again only a handful of trolls - none in cellar. So I clean the place AGAIN.

Third time I come back after 1 (ONE!) day on game clock has passed and when checking the map, I see yet AGAIN the notes what were there before I cleared the area.. I mean - what's up with that? I am getting so damn sick of that keep cleaning job after every day..

Old 11-16-2000, 09:10 AM   #8
Armisael

I'd suggest forgetting the keep if that's what's happening, since it's obviously heavily bugged.

Old 11-16-2000, 09:19 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Sounds like it's GROUNDHOG DAY!!!

(sorry I do sympathise with you, i just couldn't resist that! As Armisael says it must be a bug)
Old 11-16-2000, 09:22 AM   #10
Armisael

Hahahaha!
(falls off chair)