Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2000, 08:55 PM   #1
Sevristh

Alright, I have seen EVERY other question asked about the Assylum EXCEPT THIS!

Maybe I am just an unlucky bastard, but I used the ward stone to walk to the assylum, because I didn't relish being re-imprisoned. So I was able to fight through some beasties and get into the entryhall of the Assylum only to find two locked doors. MAGICALLY locked doors. Ok, no prob, I'll go back to town. But oh no, when I try to cross the bridge, I get stoned/dead/both/either.... I am totally screwed because I am lazy and did not save the game recently. All I have is my auto-save coming out of the Assylum and my quick-save before going in. PLEASE HELP!!!

Old 11-20-2000, 10:04 PM   #2
Sevristh

Gee, why didn't *I* think of that?!?

I go in the door at the top of the hill, and I guess this makes that wardstone disappear, which I can only guess was what protected me from those spells on the bridge in the first place. Anyhow, ONCE INSIDE that entry hall, NOTHING HAPPENS. I have tried casting knock on the doors in there, I have tried picking them. I have tried staring at all the walls hoping for a secret door, all to no avail...

Old 11-20-2000, 10:04 PM   #3
Armisael

It's a bug. It's happened to me before, you go through the door and Irenicus doesn't appear. The dickhead above me needs to get his facts straight. There's probably a character code or something to fix this problem.

Old 11-20-2000, 10:10 PM   #4
Sevristh

Well shit and shinola....

Now I am basically screwed? God that royally SUCKS! I completely agree with whomever said it on another post that these MORONS that released BG2 (after an insanely long wait I might add) should have at the VERY least had some of these assinine bugs worked out.

ANY ideas on how to fix this would be GREATLY appreciated. I am not too particularly skilled in hex-editing etc, and the couple times I have tried cheat prog's in the past I have severely corrupted my games (never did see the final movie from IWD, ehehe).

Thanks for the replies in advance....

Old 11-20-2000, 10:15 PM   #5
Bigbagger

HA ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Serves you right for failing to save. Never bag the bagger or bad things happen. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Just how long has it taken you to get to this part of the game anyway? And when was the last time you actually bothered to save? What a dumbass.
Bagger

Old 11-20-2000, 10:59 PM   #6
Bigbagger

OK Mate, you tell me where you live and i will come and "clean your clock". I realy hope that "clean your clock" is not a typo. If you do not want your face "wiped with crap" do not ask questions that any 5 year old could answer. Are you like many other idiots in this place who like watching their character screw other NPCs? You are the dick head and should keep your mouth shut. You ■■■■ wit.
Bagger

Old 11-20-2000, 11:20 PM   #7
Tara

I ran into the same thing when I tried to find a way to confront jon in there without getting imprisoned or betrayed. You may have to cheat to get out of it or re-start. But in the long run, it is a lesson learned that most learn at one time or another, (save often) As for Bagger, No need to take impotent, pre-teen, pukes like this seriously.
My guess is he has the intelligence of a snail and is probably hung like a studly field mouse. Dont worry Bag' Even you'll get laid some day.

Old 11-20-2000, 11:51 PM   #8
Armisael

Oh, give it a rest. If you're serious, and for your sake I hope you're not, 16 Helen Avenue in the eastern suburbs. Come on round. Bring your friends, all two of them.

Old 11-21-2000, 01:54 PM   #9
Jerome2k

Ahhh, many of your kind, Bigbagger ,have i met. Every single one of them was lacking in wit, grace or charm and in fact had no a life outside the computer. everyone who thinks this asshole should be flayed where he stands raise you're hands now.......

Old 11-21-2000, 02:22 PM   #10
Rikard

So sayeth the new and improved Jerome Fallen Paladin Avenger (btw i hope you didn't meant me but i just don't like people who go changing alligment on me you understand right??)

As for you Bigbagger (what kinda name is that anyway?)
I don't think you should go pestering everybody who has a question if you think you're to good Leave the forum and we'll all be very happy

Anyway Armisael Why in god green earth (or Fearun whatever) do you think Bigbanner has any friends? I don't think he has any and gets so frustrated that he has to let it out on a forum but please don't let it be this one

BTW I raised my hand you did see that right????????