Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-30-2002, 11:50 PM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

You guys know whats the lil insect called? the thing with 24 pairs of legs and long body? what this specie is called? anyone?
Old 09-30-2002, 11:51 PM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Centipede ??
Old 09-30-2002, 11:51 PM   #3
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

I think they (mistakenly) call them centipedes, even though they have way less legs. If not, they're in the same family.
Old 09-30-2002, 11:58 PM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

yeah, thats the thing, thank you guys very much. my friend had one of those as a pet. he said he captured it in Dominican Republic desert... lol, it is true. he went there for a school project. and his captive is a rare specie. its got pure milky white body with 24 pairs of black tiped ft. (looks very meaty... weird thought, because one bite of those will kill me...) it moves with EXTREME grace. remind you of the predators, like a panther. the lil insect can jump and flip itself on the back and still walk. it runs VERY fast, and it is a lil bully. if you use something to press its end, either back or head, it will flip its free end and use that part to attack you (its attack is very strong too, bastard, I cannot image something this small has that much strength)

just think, if you put an 8 pound rock on it, it can move the rock over... and once it gets its ft on you, every pair can eject poison.. ahhh, bastard, that was the creepest shit I've ever seen.

it kinda look like it, except the body color is milky white

[ 10-01-2002, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: 250 ]
Old 10-01-2002, 12:04 AM   #5
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

(Not to get nit-picky) but true insects only have six legs. Centipedes are another category of arthropod. Cool pic! Haven't heard of someone having one of those for a pet, but i've considered the less dangerous millipede.
Actually, my first answer to the post question, was Roger.

[ 10-01-2002, 01:35 AM: Message edited by: The Ornery One ]
Old 10-01-2002, 12:51 AM   #6
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Irk, bugs! Cant stand those things..

But its cool that your friend has one for a pet...If you into that kind of thing

I want a pet otter
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 10-01-2002, 04:57 AM   #7
Jorath Calar
Harper

*cringe*

I... hate... bugs...
Old 10-01-2002, 05:07 AM   #8
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

they freak me out... and interest me at the same time. i would marvel at their beauty but never have them as a pet... goldfishes will do... i just bought one again! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2002, 05:11 AM   #9
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

lol, this guy is an animal freak, specialty on insect and that centipede thingie but he does put the white-meaty-worm in a glass cage sort of like the one u see in the zoo... if you let it run loose, it is gonna kill someone, lol. the lil bastard is SO fast, no kidding
Old 10-01-2002, 06:23 AM   #10
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
Irk, bugs! Cant stand those things..

But its cool that your friend has one for a pet...If you into that kind of thing

I want a pet otter

Having a pet otter would be cool [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]