Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 10-25-2001, 10:44 AM   #1
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Okay, so I'm replaying SoA after installing Tob, and now, much of the time, when talking to quest NPC's, I get a "Cannot initiate dialogue, the character appears to be busy" bessage. Cloudy said it has something to do with patches that I need, but before I start haphazardly downloading them (I'm playing unpatched right now, because *usually* the expansion pack will patch the game as much as it needs) I thought I'd post here. Any ideas??
Thanks in advance!!

-The Bard Extraordinaire has spoken

------------------
Guitars, women, beer...what more can a man ask for?
I AM the bard eternal
KDogRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 04:12 AM   #2
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Two things:
1. Remove all unofficial patches, like those from Baldurdash.
2. Install ToB official patch (I believe there's one).
Hayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 10:12 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by KDogRex:
Okay, so I'm replaying SoA after installing Tob, and now, much of the time, when talking to quest NPC's, I get a "Cannot initiate dialogue, the character appears to be busy" bessage. Cloudy said it has something to do with patches that I need, but before I start haphazardly downloading them (I'm playing unpatched right now, because *usually* the expansion pack will patch the game as much as it needs) I thought I'd post here. Any ideas??
Thanks in advance!!

-The Bard Extraordinaire has spoken

Yep, go to www.bioware.com and download the ToB patch. You must be using Win2K. There was a problem with Win2K support for ToB.

Good to see you again, mate.

------------------
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote