Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-27-2000, 11:23 AM   #1
tritone

Let's see: I struggled to push past ("Get out of the way!") the two toadmen blocking my way in the underground passage to Shinwiki. Didn't work. Always got stuck as far as the 2nd toadmen. So what the hell... I slaughtered them. "Warm-skin hurt toad!" Oh ok, sorry, but you won't answer to "excuse me" or "get out of the way". And in the ultimate affirmation of the toad people's stupidity, nobody, least of all Shinwiki, seemed to mind that I killed two of theirs. Is it because they were blocking everyone? Nevermind, me Ukabu.

Did anyone find a non-violent solution to the two toadmen blocking the passage? I just want to know.

And don't get me wrong - I LOVE this game.

Old 10-27-2000, 04:04 PM   #2
xccnx

all i did was move back and let them move i had the same problem

Old 10-27-2000, 06:38 PM   #3
Eldurin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There are a few options. If you are advanced enough to cast Vanish, you should be able to bypass them. You can also engage them in conversation and back away. Sometimes they try to follow. You can also just say "Goodbye," which sometimes starts them moving.

In my case, I saved and then was able to push them aside. The reason my game was screwed was because there were two toads literally taking up the same space. I still managed to shove them aside eventually.
Old 10-28-2000, 12:19 AM   #4
tritone

Thanks! I didn't realise they might move after talking to them...

Old 10-29-2000, 10:30 PM   #5
Kate
Welcomed New User

I had this problem as well. The first time I couldn't get past them no matter what I did. I tried pushing and they wouldn't move. I tried talking to them, going away and coming back, everything except killing them. Eventually I re-loaded the game (I had saved it at the entrance to the village) and this time when I tried to push past I eventually got past them. It's bloody annoying though. I didn't want to kill them because I got stuck behind some toads elsewhere and eventually killed them, it turned the whole village against me. (I re-loaded that as well).
All I can suggest is save frequently.
Kate