Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2002, 08:32 AM   #131
Grungi
Banned User

eh u didnt read my post properly, i dont believe in science either, science said the world was flat and proved it, now science says the world is round and proves it maybe in 1000 years time science with say the world is oblong and prove it, science provides some proofs more than religion so i tend to believe it more but i certainly do not swear by it nor believe it fully

pls reread my post and understand where im coming from im NOT a scientist or a particular believer in science only that it edges out religion in my belief stakes and not by much either as i fully believe in supernatural events not supported by science.

btw letting blood DID help in some cases which is why it was used for a long time, leeches etc did actually work some of the time, unfortunately because it worked 5 percent of the time it was used 100 percent of the time and didnt have a great effect.

I only believe in what i know must be true, and theres not much that MUST be true in life, i exist of that im certain, not much else you can be truly certain about.

oh and if im a believer in anything its myself, i exist therefore i am.

[ 11-29-2002, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Grungi ]
Old 11-29-2002, 08:54 AM   #132
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I did read your post and didn't mean to come off like you had to be a scientist to believe in anything related to science. We all know that science is a valid study, even if it can't prove everything. I was just pointing out that even believing some of what science says requires a degree of faith, and your points on the evolution of science itself are exactly what I'm talking about. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Are you really sure you exist? Maybe this is "The Matrix"...lol. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] j/k

Anyway, we all believe different things for different reasons, and a hole, as seen by some, in an idea that can be filled by faith or by the supernatural is still a valid answer for those who choose to believe.

[ 11-29-2002, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 11-30-2002, 05:46 AM   #133
Grungi
Banned User

well i exist because im here so by definition of the word exist i must even if not in a 100 percent true manner, so in some manner i do exist and that i can believe in [img]smile.gif[/img] but forget anything else.

and a hole in those arguments should at least make people who do have faith realise why other people dont believe them, thats why i say most debates like this are futile because someone arguing science will provide proof of a factual nature and someone arguing religion will say "its gods plan" (or multiple gods plans) for me personally ,and this is not a flame, i think thats pathetic argument this is my opinion on it, if it cant be explained say its gods plan? thats what happened in medieval times, blame everything on god or the devil. That kind of argument just makes me give up trying, least so far on here noone has tried that one [img]smile.gif[/img] seems the people on here are capable of offering relatively valid arguments but some of the people i have argued with in the past when they realise im proving them wrong end up with that classic
"its gods will" or words to that effect. bah to it.

Least a scientist who has proof in front of him has something to work off and show, hes not trying to fill a hole with something he cant prove to any extent, thats why i give the scientist argument the edge over the religious one, but im by no means supporting either as they are both massively flawed.
Old 11-30-2002, 06:07 AM   #134
Eisenschwarz

Quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
quote:
Originally posted by Gilgamesh:
I understand what you mean Mack, i want peace too, but doesnt it sound a bit stupid starting a war to make peace? (war on terrorism) for world peace?

Mmm... Ill have to think this one through...
I agree it does not sound right. But there are individuals out there that need to be showen peace with a iron fist it is sad. I am trying to think of a different way to handle this and nothing seems to come to mind.[/QUOTE]Uh, And why do you think there is this terrorism then?
It’s not an abstract; it’s rooted in the current historical and economic background,
2 things I suspect cause most of it;
Globalisation and Support for Isreal.
Now, The Burden is on us to change those to make the world a more fair and just place.
We cannot stop terrorism with terrorism; we merely sow the seeds for more.