Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-28-2001, 06:03 PM   #21
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Bilqis: How goes it sister? Thanks for noticing the new sig. This is the real me. Took me awhile to find and several people to help get it going. But I like it, it is what I was looking for. Unfortunately, I'm not on-line at home and have beem off work this week. I have gone by the office twice, right now I'm at the library. I've missed everyone terribly. It's beenlike being cut off from family (no actually not--I don't like my family)

Reeka

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-28-2001, 06:05 PM   #22
Reeka

OK, KDog, we can have that dance now (while Charean and the Silver One are way). What do you want a slow dance or fast? Start the music maestro!

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-28-2001, 06:08 PM   #23
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
OK, KDog, we can have that dance now (while Charean and the Silver One are way). What do you want a slow dance or fast? Start the music maestro!

*casts a quick spell on his guitar and it takes on a life of it's own*
I think, my dear *taking her in his arms* that we should strive for a bit of balance, Let us away and hold each other close, and prepare thyself for the occasional *DIP* to puncuate the moments!! For soon enough, your Mave shall return and I shall be reunited with my love as well!

------------------
-Bard Extrodinaire of the OHF
Man of Sweet Words and Heart Aflame
Keeper of the Heart of Charean
Old 03-28-2001, 06:09 PM   #24
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Oh yes. I intend to be here for awhile. So much reading to do!! And this place is very pleasant after today.

I do have one question you could all help me with perhaps? Honest opinions please. Many of my volunteers are very poor, and the stipend they receive from us really helps. Well, one of them came in today and asked me to front her $150. She would give me a post-dated check, but she needs to pay her rent.
There is no way our program can pay her in advance. (her check will arrive around the 20th of April). We have been instructed to say NO when someone comes in asking.
We called all the social service agencies today to see if they could help, and they can't.
She needs it. I've worked with her for 2 years now and know her situation well. She's never asked me before. I'm heartsick.
Kindness says yes.... practicality and cynicism and the RULES say no.
What do I do?

------------------

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Old 03-28-2001, 06:09 PM   #25
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by KDogRex:
Cloudy! You warm me with your very presence, how can I not say what flows from my heart?

Oh my my...you do have the gift, bard of the Inn, truly you do! (eyes sparkling, she peers at KDog and Zeeke over her drink) And what mischief shall we all be up to this evening? Did I see a monkey in the room before the bar moved?

Ahhh, I knew I'd find some entertainment here! I have nought to do for a bit.

CloudLustre

------------------
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 03-28-2001, 06:10 PM   #26
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Cloudy! You warm me with your very presence, how can I not say what flows from my heart?

LadyZ, the time away from you shall wear on my heart, but I know that you shall return and even though it be for good company and the Stealthy One, ye shall always hold a special place within me, my first Moon's Hope romance!!
(By the way, thanks for releasing me from that personal slave and bodyguard gaes, because Char and I have hit it off great, thanks to that!!)

Aye I shall miss you as well. I am glad you and Char get along so well, as all I had to offer you was a temporary fling during the constant long days without Stealthy! You deserved much better. On that note my friend, let us have some good ol' FUN!! Somebody needs to liven up this farewell party!!! VOLUME PLEASE!

------------------
Old 03-28-2001, 06:11 PM   #27
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by bilqis:
Oh yes. I intend to be here for awhile. So much reading to do!! And this place is very pleasant after today.

I do have one question you could all help me with perhaps? Honest opinions please. Many of my volunteers are very poor, and the stipend they receive from us really helps. Well, one of them came in today and asked me to front her $150. She would give me a post-dated check, but she needs to pay her rent.
There is no way our program can pay her in advance. (her check will arrive around the 20th of April). We have been instructed to say NO when someone comes in asking.
We called all the social service agencies today to see if they could help, and they can't.
She needs it. I've worked with her for 2 years now and know her situation well. She's never asked me before. I'm heartsick.
Kindness says yes.... practicality and cynicism and the RULES say no.
What do I do?

There is a big saying about never lending money to relativesd and friends. What does your heart tell you?

------------------
-Bard Extrodinaire of the OHF
Man of Sweet Words and Heart Aflame
Keeper of the Heart of Charean
Old 03-28-2001, 06:12 PM   #28
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Hey, I'll take a dance with any of these lovely ladies! Not a one of them could ever be forgotten *Now Kdog rolls his eyes as he knows what's coming*. To do so would be like forgetting to breath.

No, it would be like forgetting to breath the sweet air of the blossoms of the flowers in the spring, as that is what being in the presence of these fair and beautiful ladies is like.
Old 03-28-2001, 06:13 PM   #29
Reeka

The DIPS KDog are rather breathtaking! I've been meaning to ask you about the other night in the inn when BK walked in on you and Charean. Don't the doors have locks on them?

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-28-2001, 06:14 PM   #30
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
There is a big saying about never lending money to relativesd and friends. What does your heart tell you?

Actually, my fear is I'll be opening a door that I won't be able to shut again. And she's not at risk of eviction, which is why Social Services won't help her. But she does need the money. And I like her. And I believe in giving people a hand up when they need it.
SEE???? I'm so torn. Someone tell me what to do!

------------------

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.