Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-27-2001, 02:43 AM   #1
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've seen many posts involving our beloved pets. everyone should know Ziroc's kitty by now and we've met one or two others so far. Now I invite you to introduce us to the beasts that help keep us all happy and healthy. I have a five year old dog, Farley, a 130 lbs Rotti with the temperment of a marshmallow. He's a serious Mama's boy, but don't tell anyone, it would ruin his reputation. The animal closest to my heart, tho, is Blackie Lich-kitty. She's 23 this year and still catching mice. She weighs 5 lbs soaking wet and her proudest achievement is training the dog to stop on a dime when she get in front of his charge (she IS the boss). The other cat is Stupid (or Sweets, depending on her mood) she was rescued from a friend who'd let sib cats breed. her father is her grandfather and uncle too. her mother is her sister. kinda gross, i know, but she was the last because we put our foot down and stopped the atrocity! she's ....skittish is the kindest way to term it!

Looking forward to meeting your animals!
Old 03-27-2001, 03:02 AM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

Zenith, that's horrible! The inbreeding I mean. Glad you put a stop to it.
I absolutely adore cats, but my boyfriend's allergic to them!
We used to have three when I was little, two beautiful Siamese cats (mother and daughter) called Yasha and Thalia and a big red tomcat with a name that's probably inpronouncable for non-Dutch-speakers: Poemel
We do have a reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly cute little grey rabbit!

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-27-2001, 03:08 AM   #3
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi Zenith, nice idea !

I have two cats.

My old lady cat, Crapote, is black with only a small white patch on her breast (er ... not so old, only 9, but she grumbles like a very old lady ...). She came to us on Christmas day through the snow when she was only 6 months, our neighbour had divorced and quite forgotten the kitty. We tried to give her back to him twice, but she twice came back, so - we kept her ! She is very trusting to us - she even gave birth to her kittens twice at my husband's feet, in his office (he worked at home at the time).

Then last summer I went to fetch my husband at the train station one evening, and I was early, so I went to the station café and got a coffee. At my feet was a very beautiful 6 months kitten - and very very skinny, and the bartender told me that he had been there for three days, and he hadn't fed him at all except water, since he didn't want him to stay - so what could I do ? I took him back home. I wanted to give him after several days, since I was afraid that my old Crapote would not like him at all (and I was SO true). Then I brought him to the vet on the next Saturday - and this cat had leucosia ... So we couldn't give him, he would have been killed. And the vet told me that, since he had probably got this disease from his mother, he was so young, he would quite surely not get rid of it. But he tried on him a new experiment he had read about in a vet review, which consists in vaccinating the cat against leucosia three successive months - and, against all expectations, it worked ! Now my Zebulon is perfectly fine - ready for a long wild life. And he also is so trusting with us - a true teddycat !

Here it is - until the next episode.

------------------
Old 03-27-2001, 03:31 AM   #4
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Nice to hear from you again Zenith!

I only have one pet, a fatcat with many names (Daphne, Monkeys, Gibby, LittleTing (well she USED to be!), Pickles). She is a very odd cat. She likes to sleep on my head for some reason. I'm trying her on a diet right now and she gets very grumpy about that! Heck, that's an understatement really! I remember eating dinner on the couch a few months back and she was sitting beside me. I could see her glaring at me out of the corner of my eye but made the mistake of ignoring it. Quick as a snake she bit my upper arm and put four nice holes in me. The next day the entire area was one big bruise! She's one of those cats wherein you never know what mood she is in. I've gotten pretty good now at reading "cat expressions"! When those eyes start to get that green glow, watch out! Demon cat!!

Oh, and I also have fish (African Cichlids).

------------------
Old 03-27-2001, 08:02 PM   #5
Epona
Zartan

Ah, a brief description of my budgie for any that haven't seen the long discussion in LZs House of Questions thread.

He's green and yellow, 10 years old and his name is Spartacus, but we call him Smudge or Budgie for short. He doesn't talk because he was already an adult when I got him (last one left in the shop - no-one wanted him because he was too old). He copies some of our whistles though.

He's very noisy and messy and sometimes regurgitates seed (all budgies do this, you get used to it), but doesn't play with any toys - again because he lived with other birds until he was an adult - they only learn to play with toys as a substitute for other bird company.

He loves mirrors, sunlight, the sound of other birds, and music, especially Metallica and Yorick. We try to get him to come out of his cage for some flying exercise and freedom, but he's too nervous and cowers behind his mirror when the cage door is open. He begs for food when he is running out of seed.

He's in love with my mum's budgie - another male, but budgies aren't fussy about that sort of thing.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.
Old 03-27-2001, 09:38 PM   #6
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

My favorite dog of our 2 is Beltane (Belle). She's a pure bred Great Pyrenees, brilliant, beautiful, sweet tempered plus a good watch dog. She takes her job very seriously. (she'd never bite anyone no matter what tho! she just barks loud)

We also have Terra, who is a nice dog, very gentle... but 'skittish'. She gets on my nerves a bit because of her skittishness. She is a good dog though. We rescued her from the Humane society 2 months before Belle was born. My oldest son was volunteering there, and I had puppy-fever baaaaaaaad. My advice... stay away from the humane society when you have puppy-fever!

Unfortunately, they both LOVE to be outside, so they seldom come in the house. We have a large fenced back yard, where they spend most of their time. Not what I'd envisioned tho. I wanted a cuddly dog that wanted to be with us all the time.

------------------

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

[This message has been edited by bilqis (edited 03-27-2001).]
Old 03-28-2001, 08:36 AM   #7
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i love the stories! keep them coming! Bilqis, love the name- Beltane! getting a cuddly dog who want to be with you all the time is not what it's cracked up to be. Great Pyr's are in the same size class as Rotti's, aren't they? It's amazing how dogs that big can manage to always be underfoot! He doesn't even like to let me go to the bathroom alone, augh! Farley doesn't bite, he licks. I fear for anybody who breaks into my house. I'll find them with the dog sitting on them licking thier face 'til it's raw!

PS- Melusine, what's the reaaaaaaaaaaaally cute grey bunny's name?

[This message has been edited by Zenith (edited 03-28-2001).]
Old 03-28-2001, 09:15 AM   #8
Melusine
Dracolisk

Love your stories
Zenith, the reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllly cute wittle grey wabbit has another inpronouncable Dutch name: Basje. I'll try to translate... Bas is just an ordinary name, a form of Sebastian I think, and the suffix -je is used to denote something that's little. There is no real equivalent in English apart from -let maybe, as in piglet, booklet. It's a pretty sweet name in Dutch.

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-28-2001, 09:28 AM   #9
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I've got a Maltese (actually my Mom) named Sugar (also because of my Mom) and I adore it..Its not a very Guy-ish dog I know, but hey..a dog's a dog..
We got her several days before Christmas about 4 years ago and I was'nt there when we got her, but we were gonna buy her brother till she wowed my mom with her friskiness..
She's actually hyperactive and she barks at anything that moves (I live in a Condominum where one of my windows looks out into the whole estate (its not really big..its like..kinda small actually) so she'll just stand on two feet, put her paws on the window railing and stick her head out the window.
And Bark.
A lot.

------------------
Why?
Old 03-28-2001, 02:45 PM   #10
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Love your stories
Zenith, the reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllly cute wittle grey wabbit has another inpronouncable Dutch name: Basje. I'll try to translate... Bas is just an ordinary name, a form of Sebastian I think, and the suffix -je is used to denote something that's little. There is no real equivalent in English apart from -let maybe, as in piglet, booklet. It's a pretty sweet name in Dutch.

Melusine, I love rabbits (in case anyone hasn't noticed by now, I think I love most animal life!!!) I used to keep rabbits when I was younger, but now I have no garden.

I have found that they can be very varied in temperament - most I have kept have been very friendly, but I had one once that was a complete b*stard! It would bite at every opportunity, and actually growled quite loudly when anyone went near it. If it was loose in the garden and anyone went out to the garden with it, it would run towards them growling and bite their ankles!! I think it is because it was broody - female rabbits can be quite territorial sometimes.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.