Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2001, 05:52 PM   #21
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

Ok, I feel like I'm coming down from a 4 month outing on Mount Everest here! What's this all about? Anyone care to enlighten me?

------------------
Vicotnik, archmage of the Holy Flame - Challenge me... and die.
Old 03-08-2001, 06:00 PM   #22
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Sorry Vicotnik - Not really. It was stupid. I hope Ramon comes on soon so this thread can just drop off the face of the planet. Just a misunderstanding of words on another thread. I misunderstood him, he thought I was majorly peeved at him (another misunderstanding), etc. etc. Hey, looking out for that Painter's Jig!

------------------
Old 03-08-2001, 06:03 PM   #23
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well Vicotnik, some words between Ramon and LadyWebdy were speaken in haste and well Ramon was afraid that she had misunderstood his intentions..

But more, it is to show that people actually do care about their behaviour here. This thread how silly it can seem shows us a wonderful purpose. Things we type can somtimes be harsh and by doing this we can ensure that there is no harsh intentions to our typing nor thoughts!

Good that this has been settled! And good of you Ramon to bring it up! A reminder to us all to show ourselves sometimes between all jokes and chiding

WEll gp get each other again heheh..

------------------

::HOWLING WOLFGIR THE MAD WOLF::
Old 03-08-2001, 06:05 PM   #24
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

oh! dammit I thought that had gone out. I'll get to it right now!

It's going through the sending process, you should have it in 5-10 mins.

------------------
Vicotnik, archmage of the Holy Flame - Challenge me... and die.
Old 03-08-2001, 06:18 PM   #25
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

LadyZekke I sent you a pair of mails, you got them ??

------------------
"Let my spells do the dirty work" Ertai, High Sorceror of the Holy Flame
Old 03-08-2001, 06:33 PM   #26
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Yes Ertai - I got one of them. Don't know about the other? Thanks my friend!

Wolfgir - Well, yes, if this thread helps others than that is a good thing I think!

------------------
Old 03-08-2001, 06:41 PM   #27
sirgwayne

I do believe this thread could be DELETED?????

------------------

Walk lightly my friend.

Old 03-08-2001, 06:49 PM   #28
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by sirgwayne:
I do believe this thread could be DELETED?????

No way! The record of human connection on the net is a wonderful thing. We can all learn from this. As Lady said there have been other misunderstandings etc, and I´m glad this time it didn´t involve me

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-08-2001, 06:52 PM   #29
sirgwayne

O.K. I'm with ya on the glad it wasn't me part

------------------

Walk lightly my friend.

Old 03-08-2001, 07:40 PM   #30
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

LadyWendy,

I will start off by apologizing to you again. This time for maybe hyping the issue and embarrassing you in the process.

But I did really feel awful last night after reading your last reply. I did, indeed, fear that you might leave the board, if not for good then maybe for quite some time. Not just for the incident with me, as I am surely not that important, but maybe for an accumulation of other little things/issues. To me, then, your post "sounded" as if you had not been just a little miffed but rather bitter, disillusioned and hurt. Probably just another misunderstanding and overinterpretation on my part, but being the cause of such feelings was a thought hard to bear.

A place like this one, as great and friendly as it is, can only function and even thrive like here under the assumption of a basic trust in a mutual respect that has to be upheld at all times, because of the partial anonymity and the limitations of communication only in writing. Sorry, I am lecturing again. What I wanted to say is that if my remarks had been really meant the way you interpreted them last night that would have been a major betrayal of that basic trust and it had been perfectly understandable if you had reacted with feelings as strong as I described them above.

Please, don't feel embarrassed or blame yourself for the misunderstanding as I have to assume the by far biggest share of the responsibility for it. I should have been far more careful and realized the potential for ambiguity of that damn
song, especially considering our shared "history" - what an inflated expression in this context - on this board.

I actually love to roleplay, but for me that means mainly playing with stereotypes and cliches, almost always the less than glorious one: I will never be the virtous knight like Bk, but the jerk, the braggant, the imposter, the ignorant fool. For me male characters are only bearable if played with a tongue-in-the-cheek twist to them. I believe from the bottom of my heart that the most prominent characteristic of the gender, I am a less than proud member of, is that we are almost always only one step away from making a complete fool out of ourselves as we are hardly ever half as strong, smart, tough and competent as we think we are. We might not be the weaker, but certainly the more ridiculous sex. Sorry guys. That probably qualifies as high treason.

LadyWendy, I hope you will have a more fun night here today than last night. It will be a lot safer for sure as I am off to bed ( it's 1:23 A.M. here already), but I will be soon back to haunt you again.

Good night to you, LadyWendy

Good night to you all, thanks for the bumps and the encouragement !

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts