Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-13-2000, 12:36 AM   #1
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

what's your intelligence? if 15 or lower, can't memorize spells above 7th level
Old 11-13-2000, 08:22 AM   #2
allanon
Welcomed New User

Help
I can't write level 8 spells in my spellbook.
I have two slots to memorize level eight spells, but can't write level 8 scrolls.
My main character is a level 16 conjurer.
Can anybody help me?
Old 11-13-2000, 11:06 AM   #3
cleric

Its possible that you cant learn the spells because your a conjourner .
Some spells in BG , IWD , BGII can not be learnd by a couple spec. mages
because (jee how must i say it ?) Lets do it so :
F.E. : A divener can look into the future , And if I'am right a cojourner is spec. on summon creatures . The word Spec. say it all the are spec. on ONE sorth of magic .
Do you now get eney sense that you can't learn spells like Icendary cloud (F.E.) .

Greets The cleric Nik

Old 11-13-2000, 04:59 PM   #4
allanon
Welcomed New User

Well my Intelligence is 14. But that's another strange thing I've encountered. When I started the game my Intelligence was 18, because I knew Intelligence is the prime requisit of the mage. I don't know how I've lost those 4 points of experience. I have a familiar but it's never been killed. Also my CON, DEX and STR are 3 points lowered. Could it have to do something with the familiar?

By the way the opposite school is divination and I could not write spells that were necromancy or any other.
Old 11-13-2000, 05:19 PM   #5
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i never encountered that problem with my familiar (until i let it die and lost my 1 point in con.) could some monster have eaten part of your intelligence? i haven't experienced it but mind flayers can do stuff like that can't they? i just don't know what's up with your loss of ability scores
Old 11-13-2000, 05:33 PM   #6
Suul-Yinn

It is possible you have been drained by some monster. If it says drained in the stats screen try using the priest spell restoration to regain lost stats, if not it is a bug. Download Shadowkeeper and alter your stats to what they were. Conjurers cannot learn divination spells. With your characters low intelligence(14), it means you can only learn 9 spells for each level and you cannot learn above level 7 spells. Once you are back to 18 Intelligence you can learn 18 spells per level and level 9 spells. See page 118 in the instruction book (UK edition). For those characters who have a low intelligence, try taking a potion which temporarily increases INT just before scribing a spell to increase your chances of learning it and exceeding your max spells per level and level of difficulty.