Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2001, 10:25 AM   #1
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Following the posts here on a regular basis one of the most frequent problems that players seem to have is a lack of good back up saves to which they can turn if trouble arises.
This is my own particular scheme for saving the game as I play:

1 save file/slot is always dedicated to just outside of a town gate - I use this before I enter and if I am satisfied with all that I did inside, afterwards as well.

Another save file is dedicated to the entrance of the next "dungeon" area I intend to explore.

The next save file is for inside the dungeon. If the dungeon is particularly complicated and/or large I may keep 2 save files for inside the dungeon.

IF I do not intend to go back to town between dungeons, I will set up another dungeon entrance save and interior save.

As I go through the game, I regularly overwrite the TOWN save when I return to town and overwrite the older dungeon saves with the next dungeon saves.

Save often!! Give yourself the option of not having to go back too far in time when trouble arises!

Anyone else care to share their save game strategy??

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 06:01 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Hmm. I just have 2. One is my status save game (Namis and Group: in the ...) and my other is my little joke save slot. Like once, in the Shrine of Anephas, I had "Spooky!", and some other time I had "Bum Bum Bumm!" Gives me a little laugh when I load up my games (since they usually take a while). Not really a strategy, but it is a good way to entertain yourself, while you wait .
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 06:59 PM   #3
The Crimson King

Exactly the same as you, wyv. ESPECIALLY save before town once my characters have i.d'd and repaired all loot and then when leave town

PLUs I also save whenever an important NPC is gonna speak (in case I miss summat or mess up the dialogue), or I'm about to fight a particularly hard enemy!

I also save immediately after the above encounters are completed to my satisfaction (nowt worse than having to prod an NPC along the right conversation routes for a second quarter of an hour)
Old 02-27-2001, 07:04 PM   #4
-Erg

I believe the plan offered by Wyv is on target, and closely matches my own.