Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2001, 02:46 AM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Storm Terror

Description:

This is a blade of human craft. The hilt was pitch black and the blade glowed a dark purple light upon examing. The sword is ancient, a design of almost primitive. It was one of the few real artifacts survived the fall of Netheril several thousands years ago. Who enchanted it remained a mythtery, though it could be the shamen of evil deities Shar or Kozah. A rider of Canlespiere was one of the first people to encounter the owner of the blade, Storm the Ogremage, and wrote this in his diary:

"Mirtul 7th, Year of the Scimitar
... we had been hunting down this band of rogue ogres ever since they raided Canlespiere. The band was particularly cunning, for ogres at least. Though I was not worried about our confrontation, that was, if we were only facing ogres, I feared there was more to it..."

"Kytharn 13th, Year of the Scimitar
... I readied my blade, and slipped into the thick bushes silently. We had been waylaid, an incident rather a confuse than a surprise. The ambush was a decent set up, if not masterly planned. Unfortunately, none of us had anticipated such a move, for they were ogres after all! Nonetheless, the fact was we were ambushed. I slipped into the bushes for cover as usual while my comrades charged into enemy ranks bashing ogres and orcs alike. Searching carefully, I discovered one of the most magnificent looking (I could not find any other word to describe him) ogre I ever seen. He wore a dress of dark light robe. His face, rather handsome by ogre standard, beared the marks of confidence and calm, and worst of all, intelligence.
I remembered approaching him silently, knowing what must be done... and I heard the words from him: 'vitas moliaes...'
I didn't understand the meaning, but appearantly arcanist Mornach did. For I heard a wild screaming "DROP!!!" and immediatly I flatted to the ground. A second later I heard a huge explosion behind me as I saw a ball of fire engulved everyone. I shudderd hearing the gothic death rattles, and helplessly witnessed my comrades being burned alive in matter of seconds.
This sudden turn of event struck me with fear, desperation and anger. I heared Kaharon, who barely got out of harm's way, burst out a battle cry with fury. He charged towards the murderous monster. The ogre readied his own sword, it glowed an unholy purplish light, and met the onslaught. Fortunately, my hidden spot was still not yet uncovered. Though the other monsters quickly closed in, Kaharon managed to break through the rank and met this ogre's. I sneaked behind the ogremage. 'Yes, distract him!' I silently praised my friend. Just when I was about to make my move, my eyes caught a sight of Kaharon's face. It showed a twisted terror, his eyes widened and he dropped his weapon. Then he spung to his feet and ran in fear, though He did not get far before the next magical blast caught his back and sent him flying. Dead, I gasped, a not-so-wise move, for the ogre heard me. He turned and saw me, and he nodded as if he understood my fear. Shamely, I dared not to strike out. He did not attack neither, instead, he pointed his blade at me and said with a hallowed but clear voice:' You go home, and tell the humans not to trouble Storm again.' ..."

The diary reported the first ogremage Storm and his sword Storm Terror in -2051, and the news concerned lots of arcanists more than a little. Later that year, a profesional hunting party formed and marched out into the mountains searching this unusual monster. The hunting lasted two years, until they eventually corned Storm the Ogremage at the shores of the Southfill River south of the Hidden Lake. The arcanists battled Storm and blasted his minions with all their might. They successfully slain all the monsters, however, Storm also managed to cut down seven of the hunters, including two arcanists. His blade stroke terror and chaos to the hunting party that day. The strange thing was, Storm's body was not found among the scores of dead monsters, even though Lillis, a famous female invokator, swore that she saw Storm spilled blood during the battle. His sword, lately known as the Storm Terror, was kept by Lillis until she died of aging.

Stats:
Type: long sword
Dmg: 1d8 +1
Thaco: +1
Special: this sword is capable of dealing out chaos and fear. and the power can be invoked by hitting the opponent.

10% horror to the target each strike and everyone within 10ft. The target receive a saving throw vs spell at -2 while everyone else receive a normal save vs spell.

The target under the effect horror will last for 4d4 rounds, while everyone else panic 2d4 rounds.

Usable by:
Neutral and evil aligment only
mage/fighter of muti/dual class
ogre mage
Old 03-25-2001, 04:08 AM   #2
ShadowUK

I take it you created this sword. I like the story.........

------------------
Old 03-25-2001, 04:28 AM   #3
white heron
Manshoon

That sounds like a wonderful sword to me! I like the 'Diary' and background too.
- 250 ,Do you have a webpage or something where i might download these crazy items of yours?
thx
Old 03-25-2001, 04:30 AM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

I believe they are just proto-types from the drawing board, for now. 250 has created many other wonderful ones.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-25-2001, 04:46 AM   #5
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

yeah and he gave hesperex an anurism trying to make so many of them.

------------------
Old 03-25-2001, 06:45 AM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

thx, and thx. i do have a webpage of those items. BUT it is password protected, and i dont own it heh, it is a development team.

however, if you are a DM and running a champion, i'd be glad to give you my items to suit your adventure.