Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 09-28-2007, 10:15 AM   #1
skaven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default Reset Adventure Question

I'm curious about how many times other people have reset the adventure to make more powerful characters. Also normally people reset to do the crypt again but how far did you get in the game before you reset it again.

I'm on my third right now. First was to do the crypt again and even though I was hesitant I reset my game after I just completed the serpent temple on the second run. I'm now up to the boogre caves and the game is still pretty balanced. I kept reseting mostly to get all the vine and get more fiend spells. It's just one of those things I HAVE to get all the spells before I change classes.
skaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:19 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: Reset Adventure Question

I usually don't reset for those reasons. In every game I've played, including the Solo Warrior and Den of Thieves games, every magic user gets every spell by the end of the game.

The only gotcha is the level 6 and 7 spells; it's easiest to get those when you're a native spellcaster in that school. So I usually stay in a spellcasting role until I've got the level 7 spells. After that, I change and pick up the rest later.

But the great thing about this game is that there's no right way to play it - whatever way you do it will be just fine
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:36 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I never reset the adventure while I'm in a middle of adventuring. I only reset the adventure (if I feel like in the first place) after I have finished the game. But then again such game don't last long because I'm basically doing the same thing over and over, eventhough having stronger characters to go through a second time.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:32 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

Once. In Valeia, after gaining all magic schools and the picklock skill. This clears my character's history and makes all roles available to him again. I am playing a solo character.