Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-14-2001, 08:29 PM   #1
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Help! Those stupid mind flayers keep on doing this thing that freezes my characters and I can't seem to avoid them. Then they hit you, drain your int. and kill you in four hits or so.I'm in the underdark, and have to fight them to rescue phaere.
Old 06-14-2001, 08:36 PM   #2
jabidas
Silver Dragon

The cleric spell Chaotic commands makes you immune to the mind blast, also if youve learned it the 7th level mage spell mordairakens sword is very useful.

------------------
Old 06-14-2001, 09:01 PM   #3
trux

also, focus on not getting yourself hit. mage spells such as improved invis., blur, mirror image, stoneskin, etc. are good for this. use the cleric spells chaotic command, prot. from evil, defensive harmony, bless, etc. all these spells should be used when fighting tough fights (like the mind flayers.)

------------------
--
trux
Old 06-14-2001, 09:16 PM   #4
Volourn
Manshoon

For these paricular mind flayers you beat them in a cheesy way. Cast "Finger of Death" spell. It works, I guess, b/c they're considered summoned by the game. I discovered this during the game I just completed. Heck, it's the first time I even used that spell EVER! Hehheh!!!

P.S. Check outthe thread: Volourn Honourblade down below. I think it's possibly an enteresting read. IMOO .... I love self-promotion!...

GO DWARVES GO!

------------------
"That didn't hurt!" - Volourn Honourblade after the red dragon breathed on him for 75% of his hp.
Old 06-14-2001, 09:18 PM   #5
Volourn
Manshoon

BTW: Welcome to the board, Williard.... I think!

------------------
"That didn't hurt!" - Volourn Honourblade after the red dragon breathed on him for 75% of his hp.
Old 06-14-2001, 09:22 PM   #6
jabidas
Silver Dragon

That was the first time you used finger of death, oh my god how that is such a cool spell.

------------------
Old 06-14-2001, 10:08 PM   #7
Volourn
Manshoon

JABIDAS: I just found other 6th lvl spells more fun for me. Ex. invisible stalker, wyvern summons, et al. But it is a cool spell. No, I have 'Finger of Death' spell memorized at least once per day.

------------------