Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2000, 11:46 AM   #1
Scheherezade

I was reading through the posts looking for some game help and I noticed that there were a couple regarding romances between characters, but it only seems to happen with Jaheira, Aerie or Viconia. Far as I can tell, it's part of the game. I happen to play a female character and it seems as if there are no romances scripted for female characters, or are there?
Also, is it worth it to install the patch, or does it take away too many neat things?
Lastly, I've got a quest from the theater group to look for Haer'Dalis in the the sewers. I've looked and looked and looked...etc, but I just can't find him. Does anyone know where he is? Is he a good choice of character to join the group? Or is Anomen better?
Thanks for answering my questions!

Old 12-04-2000, 11:52 AM   #2
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There is a romance available for us women. If you're interested, take Anomen, he's the only choice, as far as I can tell and I've played through a couple times. Haer'Dalis might be an opportunity, I haven't taken him yet. I don't remember exactally where you find Haer, but it's not IN the sewers but off them, through a secret door? Sorry, I hope someone else can help there.
Old 12-04-2000, 11:52 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Anomen is better if you want to have a relationship as he is your only choice. I think he looks like George Michael though everyone else especially Armisael will disagree with me

The romance patch is really more suited to male characters, as it allows them to have simultaneous romances with all three women.

HaerDalis is found through a secret door to the north-northwest of the sewer map. Just keep searching with your find traps on and you will find this door. It's to the west of where the mind flayer area is.
Old 12-04-2000, 11:53 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Hmm, wasn't sure which patch you meant. If it was the final patch, then install it, I've only heard good things about it.
Old 12-04-2000, 11:54 AM   #5
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Go Memnoch! but i think she means the new patch in general and I'm interested in knowing that answer, too!
Old 12-04-2000, 02:55 PM   #6
Manifest

what new patch? besides the bioware one I did not know of any other. haer dalis is in mekraths lair, in the upper left hand side of the dungeon hidden behind a secret wall near where you fought the other band of adventurers.
but hes not worth the hassle to have in your party and you cant have a romance with him.
haer dalis most definitley sucks.

Old 12-04-2000, 09:20 PM   #7
Armisael

The new patch just fixes bugs, as far as I can tell. No big differences, that's for certain. As for Anomen, I won't tear the board apart with obsceneties (again), but Anomen is a pretty-boy with an irritating voice and that bloody disgusting demeanour that comes with overly wealthy people. No need to look further than that. If you can put up with him for over fifteen minutes without losing a lung into a nearby bucket, you're more tolerant than me.

Old 12-04-2000, 11:20 PM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Zenith, click here for the final BG2 patch, as well as a list of bugs it fixes. Actually works quite well, I got my thieves guild back but it also fixes 'good' bugs (like the one that gives you extra attacks with the Boots of Speed

Anyway I recommend you download it!
Old 12-05-2000, 06:47 AM   #9
Scheherezade

Thanks a lot for all your help, it was very useful!

Old 12-05-2000, 07:53 AM   #10
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

If you are playing a female character you most definitely CAN have a romance with Anomen. He's something of a prig, and boasts a lot in the beginning, but you get to know him and he softens up a bit. It can be fun to follow that thread through. He's not a bad addition to the party either.

The creators of BG2 should most definitely have added a couple of choices for romances for female characters too. Males have 3 choices ... females have only one. No fair I say! The romances are often the best source of random conversation, which is one of my favorite features.

I sure hope the Creators read this board!