Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 04-25-2005, 12:28 AM   #1
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

He actually refused to join my party! I had a Reputation of 12 at the time, so it's not that!

ON EDIT: I think it's because my protagonist has a CHA of 7. I had Imoen talk to him instead, and he joined up (after booting up a previous save).

[ 04-25-2005, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: krunchyfrogg ]
Old 04-25-2005, 01:11 AM   #2
Stealth Expert
Dungeon Master

yeah i think it has to do with either alignment if ur evil than he will know and might start fighting you or if u are "ugly" he will refuse to join u
Old 04-26-2005, 05:16 AM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

woah.. you learn something new every day...

And he should look at his own charisma first. Prince Charming he is not.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:11 PM   #4
mad=dog

Truely this is actually the nature of Charisma. You may be a supreme mage or warrior, but with a low charisma you will not be able to leave that impression. Whoever you are trying to employ or get employed by will not feel that you are sufficient regardless of your actual skill level. You lack the comunication skills so to speak.
Charisma doesn't just cover pure looks. I'd say only the ranges 3-6 and 15-18 has anything to do with that. The majority of ordinary people in the range 7-14 get their charisma from behaviour and demanor. A nice looking, but cruel and selfish sorceress may very well have 8 in charisma.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:36 AM   #5
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

will he still join if you have edwin in your party?
Old 05-03-2005, 07:30 AM   #6
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by timothy trotter:
will he still join if you have edwin in your party?
IIRC yes.

you'll have to resolve it when you find Dynaheir.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:26 AM   #7
Mellagar

I remember the first encounter I had with Minsc. I decided to go do the mine quest first, then we would go do his "saving the missing tart" quest. Well after about a day or so he went ape&#!* on me and start attacking everyone. Ironically enough one of the greatest characters, at least by majority vote, was killed in the first few hours of gameplay. I usually waited until after I finished wandering around the landscape for awhile before I got Minsc. Usually by the time I get him I'm already at around level 4, or maaaybe 5. That way Minsc is leveled higher for head slamming goodness. Otherwise, I noticed he's rather weak at too low a level to start.
Mellagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:35 PM   #8
Lord Michael
Elminster

Yep, Charisma is not just about looks... it's leadership ability (percieved or otherwise), and selling yourself, so to speak.
I did Minsc differently... if you get him later, he IS higher level, but often times the computer has genertated crappy hit points for each level, so he is weak. I got him (and Dynaheir) when I was 2nd level (so was he), and we hauled relative butt to get Dynaheir. That way I could make sure when he levels-up that he gets at least a decent amount of hit points. I don't neccesarily go for max, but 2 or 3 HP from max is OK. I am playing a game where if I die I'm starting over from scratch, so some control of NPC hit points is my "DM" advantage. Right now he and Dynaheir are both around 7th level, and Minsc & Dynamo (as I call her) can take a couple blows with me having to panic.
BTW, he slayed some Gnoll fanny even at level two b/c they are his racial enemy. Most of the time they already had a couple arrows in them, tho. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-17-2005, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Lord Michael ]

"Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"
Lord Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:43 PM   #9
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

The only real advantage (IMHO) of waiting is that Dynaheir will have Fireball if you get her on level 5.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:55 PM   #10
Lord Michael
Elminster

True 'dat. I remember being very dissapointed when Thalantyr (sp?) @ High Hedge didn't have FireBall for sale. I think I didn't get it until the Ulcaster Ruins...
I did, however, make due very well with Skull Trap in the interim.

"Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"
Lord Michael is offline   Reply With Quote