Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 04-15-2002, 07:15 PM   #1
StarVid
Elminster

My thief is going to focus all his skills on locks and traps and then dual over to a mage or something like that. What % is considered high enough? If I dual at level 7, I can put 90/95% in the skills would this be enough or should I go for 100 or more? Thanks.
Old 04-15-2002, 10:54 PM   #2
Lopadamus Flimbog
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I did that on my thief, he had over 100% in both, but 90/95% is good enough I suppose.
Lopadamus Flimbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 11:35 PM   #3
Nifft the Nimble

Don't forget that there's a bard song which boosts your skills by 10%. So you can leave things at 90% and still be perfect when you need it.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 12:05 PM   #4
StarVid
Elminster

I was thinking that, but I don't think it's a good idea to send my bard around to follow the mage/thief while he's invisible and scouting a level for traps. It might call some attention to my party.
Old 04-16-2002, 03:40 PM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

[img]graemlins/erm.gif[/img] Could not the bard also go invisible?

On the other hand, monsters will begin to wonder at the strange music that seems to move about on its own as the invisible bard wanders behind the mage/thief, just singing away.... [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 04:48 PM   #6
StarVid
Elminster

I think that activating bard song cancels invisibility.

Imagine what it would be like if it didn't though. There's a pack of trolls hanging out in a dungeon or whatever, and they notice a song seemingly coming from nowhere, then.....BAM!!!! Fireball...