Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 07-09-2007, 08:01 PM   #1
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Sad

Actually just "Friar", since his real name wouldn't fit.

Empty forum == crazy talk, all Ziroc needs to let Choc eat the W&W forum. Anyway, story time:

He's the gray-bearded Dwarf, solo Priest, no class changes (guild hopping is approved, since it's just silly slow otherwise). Just made it to Skull Castle -- and haven't died more than 30 or 40 times yet.

Three handiest things ever: Priest's Mace, Dispel Undead, Locust Swarm. These have saved his life at the strangest times. Coming up on 7 years playing this game, and I've never used Locust Swarm seriously until now. It rocks -- especially if you can maneuver a crowd into the bugs.

Dispel Undead everybody's used, but as a primary attack it's unusual and takes finesse. Especially now in Skull Castle, you can take out 7 or 8 skeletons with one cast. With Crusade they pay off fast.

Anyway guys, Don't Give Up The Ship; W&W's still the best RPG ever.
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:30 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Interesting game, Aleph_null1 [img]smile.gif[/img] Are you planning on letting him graduate to Monk? And possibly Zenmaster? Those might still fit into the "friar" category... at least somewhat.

Keep posted on how things go... I'm curious. And I agree on older games... I'm replaying MM7 right now, and enjoying it immensely. No playing for the score here... I'm playing for the sheer joy.

After I'm done, I'll probably do another W&W game. Gotta think of another new angle... some other unique party. Hmmm.... a thought for another thread....
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:58 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

That is so kewl, Aleph_null1!!!

I don't think I ever made really good use of Locust Storm. Some spells never seem to really be given their due until there are unusual circumstances!
Old 07-16-2007, 12:44 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

BJ got MM7 running on our machines and I'm playing it just to play ArcoMage! lol!!!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:19 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Arcomage... man, I wish I could get the standalone version again! I had it once, when 3DO made it available as a demo, but I never got the license code... which I can't get from them now

It ran for a limited number of days or games, and then quit, prompting you to license it.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:35 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You can buy the stand along version for about $14-. I found it online somewhere this last week.

I did years ago and I probably could ferret out my authorization code but I lost the program when I moved onto a new machine.

The stand alone version had too small a play screen but had some nice options!!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote