Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-12-2004, 04:58 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I have an assignment in one of my Spanish classes to plan a trip to South America. It is a fake trip guide, but we are to pretend like it is real. We even have to maintain our budget, and travel with two companions who may or may not like to go to the same places or do the same things we want to do.

We are planning to fly into Quito, Equador first, then down to Lima Peru. I want to go to Buenos Aires next, to see my in-laws who are living there now. We will end out adventure in Brazil, and probably fly out from there.

Now, is there anything in South America that I will want to see on this pretend trip? I want to see things that are better than regular tourist stuff. For example, I love Yerba Mate, so I want to shop around, talk to the people, see some cool stuff, and not appear to be a "tourist", but rather a person that is "learning" about the "real" country.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:18 PM   #2
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

You know, I was just thinking about how strange it is that as far as I know, we don't have a single active poster from the whole of South America.

Er, [img]graemlins/Bump.gif[/img] Aren't I a nice guy?
Old 09-13-2004, 07:19 AM   #3
wellard
Dracolisk

There is a guy from Brazil on the BG2 forum at the moment. I cant remember his name but the reason why I remember is because I thought WOW S. America ... thats rare!

carry on [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 09-13-2004, 08:55 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I've a mate who's traveling through there at the moment - he's in Argentina. But I strongly doubt he's got internet access where he is, he's backpacking through some serious jungles at the moment...