Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2001, 11:34 PM   #1
Starkiller
The Magister

Could someone give me a comprehensive list of what damage, and what bonus in needed to kill each golem in SoA. I thought I had it down, but then I ran into a sand and a juggernaught golem, I am not quite clear what the bonus needed to hit an adamantine golem or a clay golem is and the like...it doesnt make sense because sometimes Minsc can hit an adamantine golem, sometimes it is ineffective...WITH THE SAME WEAPON?! Also, what are the levels of magic resistance for each golem too? When fighting a lot I dont want to spend more lower resistances on each one than I have to...I only have 8 memorized between Me, Edwin and Imoen. Thanks

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"
Old 08-20-2001, 02:11 AM   #2
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller:
Could someone give me a comprehensive list of what damage, and what bonus in needed to kill each golem in SoA. I thought I had it down, but then I ran into a sand and a juggernaught golem, I am not quite clear what the bonus needed to
Raw power, is all, give the best weapons (+3 if minimum I'd say) and give strenght, give speed. If they hit sometime and don't under times, very normal. As far as magic? Forget it, casting magic at them is usuless, they are naturally imune to magic. Golems are fun to fight againts, then can really pound you hard quite fast.

Old 08-20-2001, 07:45 AM   #3
Ged
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spoiler

The adamantine golem is really tough but can be beaten simply using one of the magic short bows (can't remember the name as I am at work at the moment) - it fires +3 magical arrows and does +3 damage, as the Golem doesn't get through the doorway, just keep on plugging away and eventually... - As far as I can gather, only +3 (and greater) weapons work against the adamtine anyway and only do the magical plus damage ie 3 damage if you hit. I have read that there is a +3 spear that can hit it whilst allowing the character avoid being hit due to its length.
Clay golems can only be damaged by blunt weapons (hammer, flail and I think mace)
Most other golems need +2 weapons except the really basic ones you meet at the start of the game
Old 08-20-2001, 09:55 AM   #4
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

iron golems require +3 weapons, but they take full damage from those.