Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2008, 07:52 AM   #81
dplax
Jack Burton

Default Re: Antagonist’s Anarchy: Derived from Dianthus

Nivram

Nivram was very intent on his target. A small oaken keg, which he was almost sure contained some lovely liquor. He was almost there, when suddenly, as if out of nowhere, Telryn appeared and hoisted the keg onto his shoulder. Oblivious to the fact that there were about a dozen other kegs around, and seeing only the one he had been aiming for, he lunged after Telryn, screaming at the man.

"Get your hands off my precious! It's mine! I saw it first!"

Nivram leapt after Telryn, aiming more for the keg than for the man, but still he hit Telryn bodily in the back, sending both of them and the keg tumbling in a heap to the ground. Not caring about Telryn who was half on top of him, Nivram focused his attention on the keg, which was oozing alcohol from a split on its side. All he had to do was to open his mouth and the lovely liquor trickled into it. Ah...bliss.
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:20 PM   #82
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn

The speed of Nivram took Telryn completely by surprise, and more importantly completely off balance. Tumbling to the floor, they landed in a tangled heap.

"Gerroff me man!" Telryn yelled at Nivram, limbs flailing but attempting to keep hold of the leaking keg.

He had never seen Nivram like this. What could make a man who seemed so balanced burst out in such a fit of rage? Was the weariness of the road finally getting to him?

With his spare hand Telryn forced his large frame onto his feet. Nivram's gaze was firmly on the keg. Why this keg had significant value compared to the others was anyone's guess.

Nivram continued clawing at the keg, allowing the dripping liquor to drop into his mouth. Unable to keep hold of the keg any longer Telryn let it go, standing back from the man he thought one of the most normal
(as normal as can be in this game anyway!) of the group.

"Get a grip Nivram, what's wrong with you?"

Last edited by Ivelliis; 05-11-2008 at 05:16 AM.
Ivelliis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 02:13 PM   #83
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Jason stared in amazement at the spectacle taking place before his eyes. That guy was absolutley mad! What could drive anyone to go after liquor in such a manner? What had happend to this, in his oppinion, already crazy man in his past to make him go stark raving mad?

"Woa."
Jason said and took a step forward as if to catch Telryn should he tumble backward.

"Watch out. Back up, let him go at it. Its like a type of battle frenzy or something, except its more like a drink frenzy. I've never seen anything like it."
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:13 AM   #84
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

*sip*

The taste of the alcohol, which he had been denied for several days, was the best thing he had ever tasted. Nothing could interrupt this moment, nothing but, "...what's wrong with you?". Nivram momentarily turned from the barrel, putting a hand on the crack so that the precious liquid did not trickle out. He glared at Telryn. And then he turned his undivided attention back to gulping down more of the booze.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:20 PM   #85
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Seeing the look given to Telryn by Nivram, Jason decides to take a step or two back, not wanting to be cought in the middle of anything. He motiond to Telryn that maybe he should bop Nivram on the head and carry him away. Then he smiled sheepishly and shrugged, backing further away and bowing his head.
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:07 AM   #86
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion

The old man, having seen all of the preceding odd occurrences happen in quick succession finally recovered himself and strode quickly to join the others. He swiftly caught up the large man the others had called Telryn,
"What exactly is going on here? This group seems almost too eager to associate with brigands and that young man," he gestures towards Nivram prone and sucking at the barrel, "seems to have completely lost his mind! Who are you people??"

OOC: Thought it was high-time I added something, and tried to consider what seemed the most likely response from an old man.
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:01 AM   #87
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn

Jason was making odd motions towards Telryn as he stepped back...it was quite unnerving to the big guy.

"Eager is a strong word," Telryn said to the old man, "I reckon 'no choice' would be better".

"And yes...it appears that Nivram has lost his mind, or control of himself."

Telryn walked around Nivram until he was facing him before crouching down a few feet from the man and his barrel. "Nivram," He said slowly and calmly, "Do you really need to do this? Just stop drinking for a second and look at me."

Telryn kept a straight face, or at least tried to. Inside, he didn't have a clue what was doing. Did he honestly believe talking to Nivram would stop him?

"It's time like this I wish mind-control was a viable option."
Old 06-03-2008, 01:02 PM   #88
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion

Upon hearing: 'No choice', the old man looks quite ready to argue, but restrains himself as Telryn approaches Nivram. As he begins to speak to the obviously insane man, the elderly man watches with unabashed fascination. He already suspects he knows what Nivram's problem is, of course, but is intent on confirming it and its symptoms before moving on...
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:47 PM   #89
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

It was with wary eyes that he looked up from the barrel, his immediate need finally sated. He tried to plug the tear in the fabric of the barrel with a finger, but the shape was too awkward and after a second or two he gave up, allowing the booze to seep away.

It was odd that instead of immediately taking notice of those around him, he reflected on the changes that the lack of alcohol had brought on him in the last few days. Was he really the man who had tried killing Jason? Had it simply been the alcohol that had held back his feelings and instincts. His mind was already too hazy to be able to puzzle it all out, but the doubts were planted there. Doubts he would have plenty of time to think about when already hungover.

But he wasn't hungover yet and he wasn't blissfully drunk either. He knew he shouldn't drink any more, not if he didn't want to greet the last morsels of food he had eaten yet again. It was just a question of time till he passed out due to the alcohol. A pesky question of time.

Finally he looked at Telryn, acknowledging the man. He didn't even seem to notice the old man behind him.

"Do I need to? Haven't you seen enough to be able to answer that question?" He snorted, an unpleasant snort that brought a half-swallowed mouthful of the drink back into his throat. "Aren't you all better off if I'm contentedly drunk? Think back on what happened in the last few days. You can decide for yourself how much of it happened because I was unable to escape from all this," he gestured widely with his hands, not at his immediate entourage, but at the world in general.

"You are wrong you know. If someone has a choice in this matter it is me. I can choose to drink myself into oblivion, or I can choose to share my problems. You don't want the latter. Then again, probably you think you're a good enough man to try changing me. I'd tell you to spare yourself the trouble, but...bah why am I even bothering."

He glared at the barrel. "At least when I'm drunk I don't have to cope with this crap." He almost bent down to take another sip, but the effort wasn't worth it. It was only a question of time anyway.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:36 AM   #90
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn

Resisting the urge to sigh, Telryn simply nodded.

"I do not believe I'm a 'good enough man to change you', I can't do that. Perhaps I wrongly thought you'd be a wise enough man to change yourself."

Using his arms to propel himself up, his body still aching from the escapade in the town, he stood looming over Nivram.

"But you are unwilling to do so, and that will be that. Come, get up. We have a lot of ground to cover before we reach Veridan."