Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2004, 11:43 PM   #11
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
quote:
Originally posted by Gxc:
+h4+5 ju5+ 4 l1++1e 9u55y w3490n.
I couldn't agree more! [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] [/QUOTE][img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2004, 12:16 AM   #12
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

Dude! On September 13th, assault weapons become legal for purchase by civilians, since the gun-law expires and Bush isn't renewing it! YES. LIBERTARIAN PARTAY. Big guns like that. Except real. And more ammo.

*Just shakes head*
Old 09-04-2004, 12:18 AM   #13
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Dadams1:
Dude! On September 13th, assault weapons become legal for purchase by civilians, since the gun-law expires and Bush isn't renewing it! YES. LIBERTARIAN PARTAY. Big guns like that. Except real. And more ammo.

*Just shakes head*
One more reason why I don't live in the US.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:21 AM   #14
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

Yeah, well... Let's just say I wish I lived in France.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:23 AM   #15
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Dont tell me this is going to become a gun rights thread...
Old 09-04-2004, 12:25 AM   #16
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Yeah, it's about that time to become an expatriate, I'm thinking...
Old 09-04-2004, 12:26 AM   #17
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

Only if you turn it into one .
Old 09-04-2004, 12:44 AM   #18
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

It's a prototype of a german mega stungun.Range about 100 meters, and you can hit people with an electric arc like you were squirting them with a water hose.
from http://news.com.au/common/story_page...55E401,00.html

Engineers working for the Pentagon's research division, DARPA, and defence companies in the United States and Europe are trying to overcome those limitations by creating an electrically conductive path between a gun and a target but without using wires.

Xtreme Alternative Defense Systems (XADS), an Indiana company, has devised a "close quarters shock rifle" for the US Marine Corps that projects an ionised gas towards the target.

This produces a conducting channel down which a jolt can be sent.

"We will be able to fire a stream of electricity like water out of a hose at one or many targets in a single sweep," XADS president Peter Bitar is quoted as saying.

The device has a range of only 3m, but a 100m more advanced weapon is being planned.

Instead of firing ionised gas, that weapons will use a powerful ultraviolet laser to ionise the air with a pulse of more than 10 million megawatts, creating the conductive path to deliver a 50,000-volt, 26-watt shock similar to the Taser's.

The laser "is said not to harm the eyes," New Scientist says.

Three other companies, two of them American and one German, are also working prototypes of new stun guns.
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightful place as master of all I survey.

Play games win prizes completely free. http://teet.net/af/bd395b7216
So far I've won an 8gb ipod nano and an acer inspire netbook
Old 09-04-2004, 07:44 AM   #19
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
WTF is that?It just looks like a big rolled up piece of camoflaged table cloth!
Hahaha, your right Bozos [/QUOTE]LOL.
I thought this kinda looked like a high-voltage line carrier, and for it to be a stungun is not off. But man, that's huge! BFGs from Doom aren't as big! A Redeemer is smaller than that!
Old 09-04-2004, 08:09 AM   #20
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Dadams1:

*Just shakes head*
that sounds like a plan,
now just how to smuggle them across to here....