Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 08-21-2002, 01:43 AM   #1
Jan

How do I kill this big bug and his ugly friends [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img] ??

They smack me all the time [img]graemlins/arcadefreak.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2002, 02:48 AM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Just a minor question. I've beaten BG1 already. Which area do you face this fiend?

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 03:18 AM   #3
Jan

Can't remember the name of the area [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/uhoh2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img] but it is in chapter 1 [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] .
Old 08-21-2002, 03:43 AM   #4
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

What are his friends? And what type of bug is Zargal? Sorry, I don't recall a "bug" named Zargal between Candlekeep and Nashkell [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2002, 05:57 AM   #5
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

Zargal is a level 3 Hobgoblin with 32 hit points. I can't remember where exactly I found him but he and his lackeys shouldn't be too difficult as long as you use a tactical aproach. Your tanks in the front, archers and spell casters in the back. But I'm not sure what your party is made up of. Keep trying, or just move on and fight him another day when your party is little stronger.
Old 08-21-2002, 06:57 AM   #6
Jan

Yep a Hobgoblin [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Well he isn't the big problem but his friends!! They shoot arrows with poison [img]graemlins/tombstone.gif[/img] . Lot's of damage
Old 08-21-2002, 07:42 AM   #7
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Posted By: Jan
Yep a Hobgoblin . Well he isn't the big problem but his friends!! They shoot arrows with poison . Lot's of damage
If the poison arrows are giving you the most trouble, then just have your toughest party member imediately run up to the archers and ingage them in melee combat. From that point, have the rest of your party nail the baddies with long range weaponry.
Maybe you already know this but I'll tell you what I use as a last resort in a very tough fight.
Spoiler
Go back to the Friendly Arm Inn, there you will find a certain someone (I'm not telling you who it is) with a Nymph Cloak. Pickpocket it off of that person. It is one of the most valuable items in the game (in my opinion). Then go back to Mister Zargal and his lackeys, however before you engage with them, go and find a bear, or a Giberling and use this cloak to charm that creature. Then use this charmed creature(s) as your personal pin cushion(s). A little cheesey I know, but this cloak can really get you out of some jams!
Old 08-21-2002, 10:18 AM   #8
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
The answer is simple wait til chapter 2 to encounter him. How do I do that, you ask? stick to the road all the way down to Nashkel. I usually wait untill I've finished the mines to explore areas in full.

Sir Heinrich, that someone is not in Friendly Arm Inn, he is in Feldepost's Inn in Beregost.

[ 08-21-2002, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 10:20 AM   #9
Wilbur
Zhentarim Guard

That cloak is not in the Freindly Arm inn, it is in Feldpost's Inn in the SE of Beregost.
Wilbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 11:17 AM   #10
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

Oops.
My mistake.
It's been awhile.
I think I'm confusing him with a guy in the upstairs of the FAI who wants you to retrieve some of his personal belongings that were stolen from him by some Hobgoblins or Gibberlings or something to that regard.
Sorry Jan if you took my advice and couldn't find him at the FAI.

[ 08-24-2002, 07:30 AM: Message edited by: Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV ]