Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2001, 08:01 AM   #1
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Is there an order of doing the quests that allows you to do the most possible of both major & minor quests befor hitting the end-game? I keep seeing stuff in the posts about quests I have never met up with!
Thanks in anticipation of your help
F.
Old 03-25-2001, 08:41 AM   #2
Fljotsdale

Anybody?? Please?

F.
Old 03-25-2001, 08:48 AM   #3
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I don't believe so FJ.
There is the major plot, and then various subplots which can be done in any order. Generally it is a good idea to do your own classes 'Stronghold quest first. ie. follow the advice of Geylan re. who to meet up with.

Thereafter it's anything goes.

------------------
Where were Hamlet and Horatio when I needed them?!

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 03-25-2001, 08:56 AM   #4
Azreall, Master of War
Dungeon Master

Yes, well, it seems these rude people dont care for their fellow Forum users, so I'll try to help a bit.

For as much as I know, there's not a real order you should follow. Though I really advise you to check EVERYTHING in the game. EVen the smallest corner or some stuppid house in some village. It could result in a nice unexpected reward (like finding 3 Rogue Gems somewhere in some drawer in a house you accidently stumbled in). You should be very patient and take the time to explore everything. And if you do a lot of sub-quests in Chapter 2, you'll soonly grow very strong, and the rest of the game will be peanuts.

------------------
"Strength and Honour"
Old 03-25-2001, 08:58 AM   #5
Fljotsdale

Thanks for replying!
I tend to do a few quests to get the cash but I like to be a bit higher in level before going to the Stronghold. However, I can see that doing too much beforehand would hold Imoen back. But once you have her, the game seems to pull you along very fast so that you don't get much time to do side quests..... Sigh!
I want to do EVERYTHING!
F.
Old 03-25-2001, 09:03 AM   #6
Moiraine
Anubis

Fljotsdale, I read your thread with interest, but didn't really think of a good reply ...
It seems that most quests arise when

A) You have a specific NPC in your party
B) You happen to be in a specific place and/or at a specific time

So maybe you should just change NPCs often, and travel a lot, to get most of the quests ?

------------------
Old 03-26-2001, 06:02 PM   #7
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Azreall, Master of War:
Yes, well, it seems these rude people dont care for their fellow Forum users, so I'll try to help a bit.

Azreall, I think that's a bit strong - we can't all be here all the time you know!

POSS SPOILERS

F, I try to do everything I possibly can *before* going to the rescue. This means I will have the best equipment and have levelled up a few times. Chapters 4 and 5 are not that easy with a low level party.

I tend to do the easier quests early, such as Nalia's keep, Trademeet, slavers, thieves and my character's stronghold quest (if not one of the above). Then on to the slightly more difficult ones. As I said, I will not pay Gaelen until I have done as many quests as I can, although some of the more difficult battles (liches & so on) I leave until Chapter 6.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.