Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-18-2003, 09:43 PM   #11
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Avatar, you can probably find another audio player for your NX70v by doing a Google search, but I doubt you'll be able to find anything that's going to drastically improve how the PDA handles sound. The NX70v is designed to play mp3 and atrac files through 3.5mm headphones, and that's it. For better multimedia capabilities, you should've gone with a Pocket PC - they handle pictures, audio, and video a lot better in general [img]smile.gif[/img]

To answer your question, Vask - I couln't live without my Toshiba PDA. I use it to keep track of my contacts, my schedule, my appointments and assignments... it's also loaded up with office files, pictures, videos, mp3s, e-books, games, road maps, and since it also has built-in wifi, it can connect to the internet via my university hotspot and I can check my email and surf the net. I've also added bluetooth to it, so it can connect and synchronize to my PC and cell phone wirelessly. That's not even mentioning things like GPS cards, cameras, wireless radios, and modem/ethernet expansion possibilities. Absolutely fantastic. I'd definitely recommend a PDA, especially if you're a forgetful and unorganized shit-for-brains like me. Sometimes it can look dorky, you're right, but it's not like I whip it out at social events or anything

T/-/alali, try http://www.freewareppc.com/
Old 10-23-2003, 08:43 PM   #12
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

Does anyone know where to get a wireless internet add-on where you can access it anywhere a cell phone can, without having to connect to a cell phone?
Old 10-23-2003, 09:05 PM   #13
Arledrian

Quote:
Originally posted by T/-/alali:
Does anyone know where to get a wireless internet add-on where you can access it anywhere a cell phone can, without having to connect to a cell phone?
No possible, señor. The closest you'll get is a wifi secure digital card - this is the only peripheral that will fit your iPAQ model. This card will give you wireless internet access, but you'd need to set up your own wifi network, so it's not really worth it. Occasionally you can pick up someone else's wireless signal on it, that will allow you unlimited surfing for free, but you have to be lucky. It's not really worth the time or money in my opnion, but if you want to have a go at it, Best Buy or Circuit City will have these cards in stock. Ebay also has them - and at a much better price.
Old 10-24-2003, 09:40 AM   #14
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

I think I found some internet connection equipment, tell me if im wrong.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/wireless/wwan/

I think those are direct internet card but im not sure.
Old 10-24-2003, 05:03 PM   #15
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
BTW, I couldn't function without one now! A cellphone I can live without, but not a PDA!!!
Mine IS my cell phone. [img]tongue.gif[/img] And yes, I was brand-dropping, but that's only because so few people have them, they are very simple and non-bling-bling, and I think they are under-rated because of it. Personally, I'd like to see the company do better. They are way better than learning to use Palms. And Windows CE is some nice flash, but, heh, well, it's Windows now isn't it? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2003, 07:01 PM   #16
Arledrian

Quote:
Originally posted by T/-/alali:
I think I found some internet connection equipment, tell me if im wrong.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/wireless/wwan/

I think those are direct internet card but im not sure.
Sure these WWAN cards will work - so long as you have an IPAQ expansion sleeve which accepts either CF or PC cards, and a cell phone plan with either AT&T, Novatel, T-Mobile, Sierra, or Verizon. This service is expensive to use, though - firstly, the cards themselves can cost up to $300, and even then you have to buy a separate monthly plan with an additional activation fee on top.
Old 10-25-2003, 01:19 AM   #17
Beoulve
The Magister

I'm such a loser.

Everytime I see the title of this thread, I read, "Does anyone get PDA?"

And I always grumble and go, "No. ;_;"

But then I realize what the thread is about.
Old 10-25-2003, 05:46 AM   #18
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Beoulve:
I'm such a loser.

Everytime I see the title of this thread, I read, "Does anyone get PDA?"

And I always grumble and go, "No. ;_;"

But then I realize what the thread is about.

... good for you.
but this is a PDA loving club so go away all none believers [img]tongue.gif[/img]

To answer earlier questions:
1) Why do you have a PDA?
answer: it's a mobile digital camera/video (upto 140min of video), 6hours of MP3, photo album, mobile documents carrier 128MB or more.., can play cool offline websites and flash games, with it's 64k colour 5inch LCD. Can also have mobile WiFi and bluetooth.

2) But I see people who never really use them..
answer: that's a personal organiser or a not a very good PDA. Althernatively they don't know how to use their PDA or you need to stalk them day and night to actually observe them for more than 10 seconds.

Does that answer all the questions?

www.palmgear.com
best place for free and cheap software.

www.ebay.com
best place for PDAs

Avy
Old 10-25-2003, 05:54 AM   #19
Vampire

Ohh i also looked around and if any wants a PDA then here are some prices and comparrisons (all colour screen +Mp3):

Camera + Speed: Sony Clie NZ-90 (black) 2MP Camera + 200MHz + WiFi at £480
Sony Clie NX80 (silver) 1.3MP Cam +200MHz + WiFi at £330
Sony NX-70V(my one)(silver) 0.3MP + 200MHz + WiFi at £245
Shear Speed: Tungsten T3 400MHz + wiFi at £240
iPAQ h555 400MHz + WiFi at £390
Cheap Colour: Sony SJ-33 66MHz at £130