Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-11-2003, 11:49 PM   #1
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

My family and I are planning a trip to Colorado at the end of the month (23rd, hopfully). I am not sure of all the things we are going to do along the way, but we are going through New Mexico and through Santa Fe and our destination is Colorado Springs...

So anyone got any tips on cool places or cool things to see there? Our brochure hasnt arivved yet.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 05-12-2003, 12:10 AM   #2
the mighty stamar

Colorado is the most scenic part of the USA.

Now I dont remember where colorado springs is, but the amazing part is the western and northern half.

The south eastern quarter is desert, where pueblo is, and it runs down to new mexico. Sort of tumbleweedy. I THINK colorado springs is there.

Great cities are Durango, Denver/boulder, teluride. The rockies are just awesome, much more amazing than even the sierras with the giant trees.
Old 05-12-2003, 12:27 AM   #3
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah Colorado Springs is a bit north of Pubelo, I dont think we are going so far west as to Durango. And I am not sure where Teluride is.

I am going to try and convince my parents to go on to Denver. Whats the point driving all way through Texas, New Mexico and Colorado if you not even going to go to Denver..
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 05-12-2003, 01:56 AM   #4
HolyWarrior
User Suspended for 2 weeks by Ziroc [Dec30]

Yep, once lived there, have relatives there, my favorite state away from home.

Favorite places to see are the Air Force Academy, the Mint, Bishop's Castle and Estes Park. If you're into the old west, stop in at Central City. Place to eat in Denver--Casa Bonita. They put on a show that must be seen to be believed.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:26 AM   #5
Chewbacca
Zartan

The Sand Dunes are a phenomenon to behold. Think Sahara Desert with the Rockies as a backdrop! Awesome!!!! They are an hour or two from Colorado springs as memery serves me. (I last went there in 1991 so my memory is a bit fuzzy)

Someone mentioned Casa Bonita in Denver- Take in the show, its hokey, but DONT eat the food! I worked there for all of one shift as a server and unless they have changed the menu you can get better mexican food out of the frozen food section of a supermarket. The place is bizarre and huge though.

I also enjoyed Dinosaur National monument near Grand Junction, but that is far west.

Just about anywhere in the Rockies is beautiful in the spring and summer.

There is a town near Colorado Springs, I believe it is called Manitou springs. The water there has natural Lithium in it. It is a scenic little place with funky but cool tasting water and lots of little trails to the woods. You can reach one side of Pikes Peak from there.

I love Colorado! It sure is Purty! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2003, 07:18 AM   #6
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I went there when i was real little, don't remember it, but did see pics of te roockies my parents took, they were on the top of a cliff, and all around them were clouds, that was really awesome, wish I could convince my husband thatsnow is not evil,lol I would love to go back [img]smile.gif[/img]