Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-30-2003, 04:35 AM   #1
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Question Mark

My final PCS (Permenant Change of Station) is closing in fast.
What I have been selected for is an advisor position in Oregon. I will fill the Active Component part of the Reserve Component AC/RC position.

If anyone can give me personal out takes I would sure appreciate it.

Location, NE Oregon, La Grande. Population 12,500 or so.
I have limited knowledge of Utah, and 3 years in Monterey Calif.
This will be my retirement destination, though I'm 160 miles from Boise, I feel this is close enough to perfect. I have visited both the public and government web site, and must say the landscape, education, and crime rate is as desired.

I would prefer first person knowledge of; cost of living, real education, real crime rate, real community life style.

Tanks,
Felix

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:58 AM   #2
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Isn't Oregon where all the monkeymen and cannibals live?
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 04-30-2003, 02:54 PM   #3
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Question Mark

I'm not sure about your inquiry. However, once I move there and either see you swining from the vines, or don't see you at all, I will be able to formulate a response. Then again, you might already have the flame heated, and the kettle inards boiling awaiting my arrival. Ensuring that I never get an answer.

Felix

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 04-30-2003, 03:08 PM   #4
GForce

I'm just next door living in Washington state. I can tell you that the NW area of the US is quite nice IMO: forests, ocean, mountains, and maybe too much rain. Though I don't know what's it like in La Grande. Sounds grand (no pun intended) from your descriptions. I hear that there's no sales tax though that might change. Try calling up the local Chamber of Commerce or tourist office there and see if you can get some stats and info. Also, get a local newspaper. That might also help. Are you in the Arnmed Services? Just wondering. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-30-2003, 03:26 PM   #5
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Question Mark

GForce:
Tanks. I have some distant friends (no pun) at Ft Lewis. They say it rains all the damn time. More-so than here in Germany.
Tonight I linked up with some folks of my genre from another BN and did the Vulcan mind melt. Amazingly two of them had been AC/RC in that area. One at I Corps HQ at Ft Lewis, and the other in Oregon. You are correct about the no sales tax, however, that leads to a higher property tax.
What can you tell me about Yakima? That is where their training will transpire.

Most of your other suggestions have already been completed, and I'm searching for the personal touch now.

Yes, 21yrs USA, Armor

Tanks,
Felix

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Old 04-30-2003, 04:26 PM   #6
GForce

Yakima, WA? Go to this website http://www.digitalcity.com/yakimawa/

I just talked to my co-worker and she says this of Yakima, WA: mid-sized town, hilly, eastern WA, mostly conservative, apple country, alot of migrant workers, dry, doesn't rain as much as western WA, somewhat boring

Sorry I can't help with the personal touch but if you want to know Seattle, Redmond, Microsoft, Mariners, etc, then I'm your contact. Hey! 21 years is a long time. Planning to be a lifer? Might as well go for the full benefits. I was in for just 2 years active then was obligated for another 6 inactive reserve. Not my cup of tea. Wish you well and success! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-30-2003, 04:51 PM   #7
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix The Assassin:
I'm not sure about your inquiry. However, once I move there and either see you swining from the vines, or don't see you at all, I will be able to formulate a response. Then again, you might already have the flame heated, and the kettle inards boiling awaiting my arrival. Ensuring that I never get an answer.

Felix
What??? :squint: *is now even more worried about people wanting to or already living in Oregon*
Old 04-30-2003, 06:30 PM   #8
GForce

here's a really good site where you can view a picture gallery of Yakima, WA:

http://www.ci.yakima.wa.us/info/

Old 04-30-2003, 06:32 PM   #9
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix The Assassin:

Tanks,
Felix
You've been in the army too long, mate [img]tongue.gif[/img]