Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-04-2001, 12:00 PM   #1
huskie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Could somebody please help me kill this guy- in the underdark? Not only are most of my weapons useless- I know he needs +3 weapons, but he stuns everybody as soon as action starts. Helllp!
Old 11-04-2001, 12:54 PM   #2
Paxsenarrion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Okay, this is an incredibly tough fight, but here are some basics that might help out:

Before you double click on the pit to make him show up, cast as many defensive spells on your party as possible, and make sure to pause (i.e. give everyone their casting instructions, when they're done casting pause the game... give them their next casting instructions, they cast, pause the game) this will ensure your 1st cast spells don't wear off by the time you're casting your last round. Also, if you haven't already, you may want to go to the options page and set the playing options to pause at certain points (when a character takes damage, when they are attacked, when a spell is cast, at the end of the round, etc) so that the combat becomes more 'turn based' in style... it's a LOT easier to keep track of what's going on then, to pull the badly wounded out and heal them, etc.

Make sure you cast Free Movement, Magic Resistance, Protection from Fear, Protection from Evil, Haste, Spell Turning or Spell Shield and anything else that might protect you BEFORE the battle. Also, summon as many creatures (Monster Summoning III, Earth/Air/Fire Elementals, etc) as you can (it will only allow you five max) to sort of 'pen in' Balor as your mages whallop on him from a distance (I don't remember if magic arrows do damage or not, but it's worth a try). Clerics can also cast Holy Smite, Bolt of Glory, and other damage-at-a-distance spells while this is going on.

I hope these things help... let me know how it goes! [img]smile.gif[/img] Good luck!
Old 11-04-2001, 02:55 PM   #3
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

The ring of free action will stop the stuns if I remember correctly. Just give this to your hardest character with a +3 weapon (Keldorn with Lilarcor for me) and put them next to where he appears. Move everyone else to the other side of the pit. When you summon him let him hit the other character and keep healing them. The rest of the party can throw everything they have at him. Seemed to go down quite quickly for me.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 11-05-2001, 05:29 PM   #4
huskie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks very much to both of you. I'll go off now and try this again.