Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-25-2001, 09:52 PM   #1
Archon Devangilous
The Magister

im almost up to the part where you bump into him and his party. Is it a hard battle and is it worth the experiance and the items to take them on??

------------------
Nor shadow or myst
the jester is a myth
he is absolute
beware the jester
Old 10-25-2001, 09:54 PM   #2
Ares

um, no. He helps you with the second Bodhi quest and he has one of the coolest swords IMO. Dont take him on unless you want to really really really want his sword...(not very worth while if you have Celestial and Carsomyr)
Old 10-25-2001, 09:58 PM   #3
Andromedos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Possible Spoilers
I don't know. It is your game YOUR decision. I tried fighting him once and lost because he ruthlessly hunted down my main character, who was no match for him. THeir items are (by that time in the game) quite poor. I think drizzts +5 defender is the best of the bunch:

Drizzt: Mithril Chain +4 (can be worn by fighter/theives I think)
IcingDeath +3
Twinkle - Defender +5

Wulfgar: Aegis Fang +3 (no good unless your wulfgar)

Catti-Bri: Taulmauril (really the heartseeker bow, it is found in another place in the game. Not unique)

I can't remeber what Regis had but I don't think it was that great.

Well, as I said its your choice.

------------------
----------------------
"Your Majesty I have the honor to introduce the infamous Prince Kheldar. Also known as Radek of Boktor, Ambar of Kotu or more commonly 'Silk'. He is a spy, a theif, he cheats at dice and makes free with other men's wives. Other than that, he's not that bad of a fellow."
Old 10-25-2001, 10:00 PM   #4
Ares

Yea,i noticed he likes your main char. stupid little drow...
Old 10-25-2001, 10:01 PM   #5
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
The problem with killing him for his swords, is that a little while after this guy comes and takes all the weapons away, so you don't actually get to keep them. And it's not an overly tough battle.

------------------

Goddess of Undress
Co-owner of the Evil Petting Zoo and Sorceress of the HADB
OLD COOTS eye candy and Disrobed Division of the ORT
And her sidekick Pink

[This message has been edited by Aelia Jusa (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old 10-25-2001, 10:04 PM   #6
Ares

maybe for a god like you, but it was my first time playing through and i was lvl 15 or something. Fighter with lotsa HP and did mad-damage...
Old 10-26-2001, 03:13 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah I defeated him and his men, took a lot of spells and time though. Drizzt and the archer were a pain in the a**.

Note: I was playing an evil party at that time, and besides, Korgan egged me on to fight Drizzt.

In the end, it took Korgan to stick it up Drizzt's a**, it also helped that Viconia casted Regeneration( 3 Hp per sec) on him. My Necromancer and Edwin meanwhile, casted spells into the fray with glee abandon.

As for the loot? I made a killing selling them and re-selling them.

Sell to a honest merchant, steal it back, sell to a black-market merchant.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Cavalier meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a Blade and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Sorcerer Spell List
Dragon Slaying Tips
Old 10-26-2001, 04:22 AM   #8
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

I thought the items all sucked. The battle wasn't that hard, but I was around level 18 or so. I was disappointed that Drizzt's swords have no special powers, or even look special at all. And the defender +5? It says it has a thac0 and damage of +3. Go figure...
Old 10-26-2001, 05:32 AM   #9
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by floyd:
I thought the items all sucked. The battle wasn't that hard, but I was around level 18 or so. I was disappointed that Drizzt's swords have no special powers, or even look special at all. And the defender +5? It says it has a thac0 and damage of +3. Go figure...
Yeah, and wasnt Frosbrand supposed to give fire resistance?

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.

Paladin of the order, first bodyguard of Lady Lioness and defender of Castle Kerhelm
Old 10-26-2001, 06:15 AM   #10
tehmpus
The Magister

I just sell items in the thieves guild in athlanka. Simply steal the expensive items, then sell them back to the same merchant if you are low on cash.
Btw, I didn't kill Drizzt, although his friend Wulfgar did get munched by the vampires. Incidentally, so did the paladin who offered to help.

------------------
Tehmpus Thales the permanently InSaNe