Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-18-2001, 11:49 PM   #1
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Vampire the Masquerade ...REDEMPTION? My buddy got it and is giving it rave reviews - 20 bucks at Best Buy right now...Thoughts?

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner
Official Lifeguard of the Kiddie Section of the Pool of Radiance

()xxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::>
Old 10-19-2001, 12:07 AM   #2
Warmaster
Elite Waterdeep Guard

That sounds like fun...!

[This message has been edited by Warmaster (edited 10-19-2001).]
Old 10-19-2001, 12:10 AM   #3
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Knight:
Vampire the Masquerade ...REDEMPTION? My buddy got it and is giving it rave reviews - 20 bucks at Best Buy right now...Thoughts?

BK

It's actually a great game. It was one of the first games
I got through mail-order, it was worth the six week wait.
Definte steal for $20 bucks.
Old 10-19-2001, 05:03 AM   #4
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

The game is well both very fun and good, but also very annoying. Find the patch!!! OBS OBS!! That way you can pause to cast disciplines and such. The game is a graphic beauty and runs smoothly. The camera and views can be a bit tough to get into. Also the AI is kinda lacking after awhile, but the game is excellent in the Prauge section. NY area is well, not as good. Firearms are crappy and your followers are a mess, they make a nuisance of them selves and you have to order them around like a babysitter sometimes..

I let them stay and catch up instead and played it as much single like as possible... Than the game is a charm!

------------------

Howling to the moon, cause this world seems so far away..
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 10-19-2001, 05:19 AM   #5
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I wonder if anyone actually used the firearms in the "future" part of the game, the minigun and fire arrow crossbow are okay, but all of the others suck, I just brought my magical sword and started chopping up some foes instead.
Old 10-19-2001, 08:04 AM   #6
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Vampire has a GREAT environment..And all the classic vampire elements are in there, with a lot of great fantasy worked into it. Good stuff if you like the subject material! Rather difficult to play though. Combat can be a bitch..

------------------
No-Name Face
Old 10-19-2001, 08:19 AM   #7
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

I dunno if it was good or not. I wouldn't run correctly on this computer. I couldn't go outside cuz it was all grey mat. I tried the patch and tried resetting the game controls, but no dice. sigh.

------------------

The line between good and evil is razor sharp. Be careful of misteps,
lest you find yourself spitted upon your own blade.
Old 10-19-2001, 09:21 AM   #8
trueheart78
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My girlfriend is a vampire fanatic but not half as avid a gamer as I am, but she bought it regardless.

Well, I got into playing it, and I must say that I loved it. was an awesome game, a one-time kindy thing, but definately cool. Cutscenes were pretty decent too.

Waking up in the future was too cool, dodging vials of holywater, sunlight, and stake-happy scientists.

Only *hard* part about it was the end battle(s), the difficulty over the rest of the game doubled or tripled for me in those areas, but it is definately beatable and IMO worth $20.
Old 10-19-2001, 09:22 AM   #9
mitsos

It's a very nice game. I saw it one idea at my friend's house. It's a bit too action I think, however.