Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2004, 04:23 PM   #21
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Wow. Looks amazing! Have a ball Mel. Lucky duck. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 07-04-2004, 04:28 PM   #22
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Greece is the word Mel. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2004, 04:43 PM   #23
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:

If greece wins the EM as well... I guess every night will be party night
And they actually won the finals - seems like you're heading straight into one major party over there, Mel. I'll leave it up to you to decide whether that's a good or a bad thing, though.
Old 07-04-2004, 05:33 PM   #24
Melusine
Dracolisk

That depends on their inclination to give away free retsina and ouzo out of sheer joy.

Last-minute packing done, I'm all ready to go - now all I need to do is console my boyfriend who'll have to miss me for two weeks.... erm, later, everyone [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2004, 05:54 PM   #25
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Have a great vacation, Sarah! The pic looks fabulous! Hope the weather is as nice when you're there!
Old 07-04-2004, 07:44 PM   #26
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Have a great time, Mel. I just finished a book on the Venus de Milo, so all things Greek sound doubly good to me, now. Looks like we won't be going anywhere this year, again, but I'll live vicariously through you.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:38 AM   #27
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

Holidays are good.
A few weeks ago my mother went to the UK for her holiday. She will be coming back this Friday [img]smile.gif[/img]
Anyways, we kept in contact with her, through SMS and the internet, and judging by her enthusiasm in her messages, she seemed to have a lot of fun.
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Old 07-05-2004, 11:58 AM   #28
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Yeah... finally ei?

Happy journeying! Everybody deserves a break...

Make the most out of it (I know you will) Take care!

*Burn baby burn*
Old 07-20-2004, 02:49 PM   #29
Melusine
Dracolisk

............And I'm back! [img]smile.gif[/img]
For anyone who might be interested, a summary.
I've had an absolutely wonderful time in Crete, it was worth every penny! I've only known the girl I went with for about a year or so but we were pretty close and getting along very well before, so we both felt a holiday together should work out great - and it did! We got along marvellously, didn't quarrel at all and had lots of laughs (mostly from making immensely lame-assed jokes and maliciously gossiping about our neighbours). Our apartment was great - quite roomy and with a great balcony where we could sit at night with our meal and a glass of wine. I cooked most of the nights while my friend chopped all the veggies. The supermarket's veggie offer was kind of limited, so we had the same type of pasta almost every day, but it was so ****ing fantastic-tasting that neither of us minded. Recipes on request , although I know it can never taste as good as it did in Agia Pelagia. A couple of nights, we had dinner at a restaurant. There was one place in particular where, on one of the last nights, we had a brilliant dinner consisting of starters only: spinach pies, fried courgette, garlic bread, shrimps, giant beans, choriatiki (greek salad) etc. We did the same thing for lunch on our last day. Another night, I ordered a fish plate and got served a plate full of monstrosities Tiny little whole fish you had to eat with bones and all, a bigger fish with the head still on, a big tentacle from an octopus, a baby squid, more deep-fried octopus and shrimps. I ate some of all of it, and took pics of course.
The village we were staying in was amazingly quiet given the fact that Crete is one of the most touristy places in Greece and the holiday season had kicked off already. But although there were tourist shops and a pretty busy beach, we found the atmosphere very relaxed, with mostly local, Greek tourists instead of foreign ones.
We found a lovely, secluded little bay which could only be reached by boat, by swimming, or by climbing down some pretty steep rocks - the latter was our chosen method. Usually, there were only a few people on the beach and sometimes even, we were all by ourselves! The water was clear, the beach was small but sandy and with lovely shade in the afternoon, and the weather was brilliant almost the whole time (only a couple of clouds on the last two days).
Also, because of the quiet we were hardly ever bothered, relatively speaking, by annoying casanovas. A good thing since we both have jealous boyfriends. The most notable flirt-attempt was from a really sweet American 18-year-old who, as we emerged from the rock path after a day on the little beach, regaled us with this lovely trite opening sentence: "Hi girls... wanna have some fun?" [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Turns out he wanted us to leap with him from a 12 m high cliff into the water (which was only 2 m deep!). Nuh-uh! When this little arrogant kid found out we were over 5 years his senior, instead of being daunted he renewed his attempts at seducing us (both! at the same time! ) with even more vigour. Really cute. Hope he wasn't too heart-broken that night when we didn't come to the cocktail bar we said we sometimes visited. If aforementioned jealous boyfriends were non-existent, we might have given him the night of his life, hehe.
In short, I had a great time. Many minor injuries, mostly from the rock climbing, and burnt feet on the second-last day (unusually rough sea had washed off my sunlotion when I wasn't paying attention), but otherwise a problem-free, relaxing, sundrenched, winedrenched holiday. Will show off my (admittedly modest) tan (I'm not interested in skin cancer - SPF 20 all through the first week!) as soon as I get the pics!

Hope y'all had a good two weeks too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-20-2004, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 07-20-2004, 02:56 PM   #30
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
That sounds absolutely amazing... I can't wait to see the pictures!

I'm glad you had a good time.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.