Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2003, 12:00 PM   #11
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Aww, poor Mouse.
That wasn't the car you showed me in that poll of mine on how much cars suck, as it?

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Old 11-03-2003, 06:57 AM   #12
Charlie
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
Oh yes, she will be mine, oh yes....

Mitsubishi 3000GT MR Twin Turbo
Sorry to say it's a sheep in wolf's clothing. Heavy and not very quick, I work on these for a living (and better). Nice looking car however, also known as a GTO.

Mouse, sorry to hear the bottom fell out of your world.

[ 11-03-2003, 06:59 AM: Message edited by: Charlie ]
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 11-03-2003, 07:08 AM   #13
Donut
Jack Burton

You did the right thing Mouse. Once the old bottom end goes it's only a matter of time. Time to move on.

[ 11-03-2003, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: Donut ]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-03-2003, 07:12 AM   #14
Bristowe
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
My Lords, Ladies and gentlemen, gather ye round for a sorry tale.......

Today, at approximately 1.30 pm (GMT) Mouse parted company with his bright red 1991 Volkswagen Corrado G60.

It was a relationship built on his absolute devotion to her, but eventually even he could not deny the fact the she was the archetype of "high maintenence". He woke up today (slightly hungover - no change there ) and stumbled into her waiting embrace.

Slowly, he coaxed her to full responsiveness, only for her to flash a warning red glint back. He partook of professional councelling only to be told that her bottom end was beyond redemption and that she would need major surgery if she was ever to return to her previous frisky state.

Mouse hardened his heart and walked away.

The End *sob*
Apologies for my ignorance but,
What exactly does, "the bottom end is gone" mean?
Old 11-03-2003, 12:57 PM   #15
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

She lost all her bottomly-shapelyness, Bristowe. That's a good a reason as any to leave a woman [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2003, 01:03 PM   #16
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks for the interest and sympathy. However, I am now the owner of a smart looking black 1996 Nissan Primera 2L SRI with 52,000 miles on the clock. No doubt it will cause me some heartache, but that's life

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 11-03-2003, 10:09 PM   #17
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Bristowe:
Apologies for my ignorance but, What exactly does, "the bottom end is gone" mean?
Err, the chassis separated from the rest of the body? Axle fell off? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2003, 12:49 AM   #18
Bristowe
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Hayashi:
quote:
Originally posted by Bristowe:
Apologies for my ignorance but, What exactly does, "the bottom end is gone" mean?
Err, the chassis separated from the rest of the body? Axle fell off? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Does it? mmhm ok..haha
I lost the rear axle on my astra recently...i never heard that term being used though
Old 11-04-2003, 02:23 AM   #19
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
Oh yes, she will be mine, oh yes....

Mitsubishi 3000GT MR Twin Turbo
Sorry to bring this up but...

"BAD NEWS, GUYS. WE NEED DONATIONS BAD!"

You're not getting a quarter out of me!

Anyways, sorry for your loss. I hope your new love will be all the last one wasn't.
[/QUOTE] I am confused. Please explain...
Old 11-04-2003, 03:12 AM   #20
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

In this particular setting (and if I've used the term incorrectly - so what [img]smile.gif[/img] ) "bottom end gone" means that the cylinder block is corroded and starting to lose coolant. The garage I took it to said the car was still driveable, provided I kept the coolant levels topped up. However, the only way to see the total extent of the corrosion would be to virtually disassemble the engine. Then the options would be to either a) try patching with some sort of sealant or b) more likely to junk the engine block and source a replacement.

As they quoted me around £250 simply to disassemble/reassemble for the investigation, and the worst case scenario would probably cost a four figure sum to rectify, I decided it was time to cut my losses.

Strangely enough, I've always liked the Primera hatchback, and so when I saw it for sale, I simply did the deed (and got a £1000 trade in for the Corrado). I have probably gone against all canny car buying advice, because the Primera was sold "as seen", but what the hell

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)