Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-27-2003, 01:30 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

the original thread is here

the previous thread is here:

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:31 PM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

PLEASE NOTE

This is a modified reminder that I've posted before in reply to someone asking "can we spam the cafe". It still holds true, so I'm going to repeat it periodically for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Read the first post of the thread, it's NOT a spam zone. If you want to discuss you grades, a problem with a teacher,the weather, your neighbor's new car etc.....etc.. (real life conversations) this is the place. I don't mind a SMALL amount of spam but when the Cafe gets to be 8 pages in one day and it's all one liner pure spam, I have to ask people not to do it because most of the members who would come to talk about their day or things that they want advice or sympathy or cheers on, will not post in that atmosphere. I want you to be comfy here, but not at the expense of other members.

So the answer is NO, I don't want to see page after page of roleplay spam or one liner spamfests that could be done on msn or aim etc. because our goal is to TALK WITH one another , not fill up a cafe in five hours.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:37 PM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

First non-Cloudy post. Woot! Never happened to me before.

I'd like to thank all the people who helped me make this first post. It wasn't easy, but we hung in there. And, I can't forget to thank my mother and father and wife Rain -- love you guys. A big hat's off to Cloud-spammer as well, without her this post would have not been possible for painfully obvious reasons. And, I can't forget all the great folks on the Current Events Forum

*music begins playing*

who have kept me coming back to IWF for more and more.

*volume of music increases*

And, and, I want to thank all the fellow muppets at the Oasis, including honorary bogey muppets, who have been so wonderful.

*volume increases*

I WILL HAVE MY MOMENT EVEN IF I HAVE TO YELL TO DO IT.

*volume increases, large men in suits enter stage right*

FINALLY, I WANT TO SAY THAT WE LIVE IN FICTIONAL TIMES WHERE A FICTIONAL CAT DIETY SENDS FICTIONAL MUPPETS TO WAR IN A FICTIONAL CAFE....

*volume blares, men approach poor little TL and grab him by the collar*

____________________ CUT to COMMERCIAL ______________________________

[ 10-27-2003, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 10-27-2003, 01:38 PM   #4
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

WOO First Post So how is everyone then? I had an ok day.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:39 PM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
F
SPAM ALERT! SPAM ALERT! SPAM ALERT!

Wow, seems like the cafe has upgraded its spam security systems. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Timber, I'm disappointed in you. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Good afternoon folks. Don't you just hate mondays? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2003, 01:43 PM   #6
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

i think he did that to get the first post... maybe he'll edit it later... LOL

hey guys... i am sleeeeepy. just up because it's sembreak here... meaning vacation from school before the next semester ends... woohoo! [img]smile.gif[/img]

as much as my lovelife is a great fantasy joy ride (we had our ups and downs but we don't care about the downs ), our friends seem to have difficulty with it... *sigh*

hope your guys have a wonderful day... i am having a nice early morn...
Old 10-27-2003, 01:46 PM   #7
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
Yes but we now have the quote to prove his dishonest tactics. No honor in this victory Timber. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
We should just move it to my birthday so I can get it all over with in one shot.
Nooo! Then we'd have to wait an additional 4 months for this major event.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:47 PM   #8
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
WOO First Post So how is everyone then? I had an ok day.
Neener neener boo boo.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:50 PM   #9
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

LOL... I knew it... such a cunning tactic. tsktsk
Old 10-27-2003, 01:50 PM   #10
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
Yes but we now have the quote to prove his dishonest tactics. No honor in this victory Timber. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
We should just move it to my birthday so I can get it all over with in one shot.
Nooo! Then we'd have to wait an additional 4 months for this major event.
[/QUOTE]Where's the loss of honor? Did you see my post. That would've taken FOREVER. No way you could get that much ingenious stuff in a first post the honest way. It's legal, and it counts. [img]graemlins/deal.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] Ha! I crack me up.

Actually, moving it to my B-day would move TTD forward in time to December, but who's counting?