Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 10-24-2003, 08:57 AM   #1
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Um. Hi. I haven't ever played this before, and I'm trying to find the server, but it's not working. I can't get onto it. I was wondering if anyone knew where I might be going wrong and could offer a bit of help?
Cheers.

DS

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 09:08 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Do you have SoU v1.32? EfU requires SoU.

Is your character "legal"? EfU won't allow hacked characters.

What exactly happens when you try to log in? Are you getting timed out? Are you getting any error messages? Are you not seeing the EfU server pop up in a gamespy RolePlay menu server list?

One thing to notice is that unless the problem has been corrected, the EfU server status at the top of the IW forums no longer will tell you when the server is up and running due to a code problem in V1.32. Check

You may simply be hitting the server when it is down. Chech the EfU status button and write down the IP address. They try the direct connect option.

I haven't had ANY time to play on the EfU server lately so can't tell you whether it has been experiencing troubles or not.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 09:27 AM   #3
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
Do you have SoU v1.32? EfU requires SoU. I'm afraid I don't really know what that is.

Is your character "legal"? EfU won't allow hacked characters. I don't know. How do you tell?

What exactly happens when you try to log in? Are you getting timed out? Are you getting any error messages? Are you not seeing the EfU server pop up in a gamespy RolePlay menu server list?
[/QB]
I think I'm getting the timed out one?

Old 10-24-2003, 09:46 AM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragonshadow:
quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
Do you have SoU v1.32? EfU requires SoU. I'm afraid I don't really know what that is.

Is your character "legal"? EfU won't allow hacked characters. I don't know. How do you tell?

I think I'm getting the timed out one? [/QB][/QUOTE]Hacked characters are characters where the stats, damage resistances, etc. have been altered so they violate the limits of what can be legally obtained by actually playing the game. If you haven't "tweaked" your character in that fashion, you're probably okay.

SoU is the Shadows of Undrentide expansion for NWN. I am still hazy on exactly what EfU requires in that regard. Actually, SoU is an EXCELLENT expansion and is well worth buying. The SOU campaign is far superior to the NWN OC!

Are you trying to connect via dial-up or a dsl/cable connection?
Check this thread for more details on this problem:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...c;f=8;t=000222

It may simply be that you are trying to connect when the EfU server is (a) totally full with other users in which case you can't connect, or (b) when the server is being reset. Either one would give you a timed out message I believe.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 09:54 AM   #5
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Cheers. I guess I'll have to try again later.

Old 10-26-2003, 04:01 AM   #6
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I think i worked out what was wrong: I think I've got the wrong version.

Old 10-26-2003, 11:05 AM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Make sure you have HOtU (the expansion) and have downloaded and installed the latest patch (1.32).
Old 10-26-2003, 11:19 AM   #8
andrewas
Harper

HotU is the upcomming expansion, which isn't out yet. And you wont need that till Ziroc incorporates it into the mod. The first expansion, SoU, is needed though.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:34 AM   #9
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Guess it looks like I won't be doing anything: I haven't got the right version or any expansions.
Oh well.