Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2002, 01:16 PM   #1
Lady_Charolette
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK; I've killed everyone there is to kill and I've gone to town and come back like four times, but she won't show!!! Any ideas on what I can do next??
Lady_Charolette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 01:20 PM   #2
Jonni Voodoo
The Magister

You have to agree to kill her to the ghost guy (forget his name) then go to the yeti cave (near the back). If you've done all that already, then it's probably a bug.
Jonni Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 01:32 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Spoilers:
Have you found and talked to Kresselach yet?

Have you agreed to kill the Priestess of Auril?

If you answered YES to both of those, then go back to the crypt in the south. (Check out the Ironworks IWD website and the walkthrough there for the EXACT crypt.) She should be in there.

If you did all that and DID NOT kill Kresselach before going to find her, and she still doesn't appear - then try patching your game. IWD patch 1.06 and HOW patch 1.41 are the latest.

If the game is ALREADY patched, try moving forward into the cavern a little ... sometimes the trigger for people to appear is senstive to your location.

If THAT still doesn't help, and your game is patched, back-up your saved games, uninstall, defrag your hard drive, and reinstall the game and then reinstall the appropriate saved games and try again.

This "bug" seems to be a common problem.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 01:56 PM   #4
Durwyn
Elminster

Yes it may be a bug indeed. She is in the southern cave, which is not even a crypt its all the way to the south inside it you will find ice everywhere and two tents so it does not look anything like the other crypts. If you still dont get any progress then saved your saved games and resintall IWD.

Good Luck!
Old 01-14-2002, 01:58 PM   #5
BRNDL BACKBREAKER
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It seems to me that you have to talk with the bartender in town before returning to the Yeti cave. After you go about half way in the cave she appears, you have some dialogue, when you dispose of her she drops a +1 morningstar. Go back and talk to the bartender again after the encounter for some additional info.
BRNDL BACKBREAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 06:07 AM   #6
Sir Moosington
Dungeon Master

This is a common problem. It has nothing to do with bartenders or bugs. When you talk to Kresselack? you have to definately agree to kill the Priestess. Saying maybe or I'll think about it doesn't trigger the quest. I'll eat Elminster's hat if this doesn't solve it.
Old 01-18-2002, 07:00 AM   #7
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Moosington is right... it took me an hour of searching the crypts looking 4 the bloody priestess, then finally I decided to just Kill kresselack, so when I went back to tell him to shove it, it was time for him to die, he asked "so have you decided to kill the priestess yet?" so I said yes and BANG! she was in the yeti cave problem solved
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote