Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-16-2003, 06:05 AM   #1
skywalker
Banned User

For the IW members who are opposed to a War with Iraq go to this site:

http://www.moveon.org/

Moveon isn't only focused on Iraq, but this appears to be their top priority at the moment.

Take a look if you are interested.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 08:29 AM   #2
MagiK

It seems to be a well organized site, but I spent 10 minutes reading and never really found any statment about where they stand on any issue except the war with Iraq.

I suppose since it is based on the left coast it would be easy to assume what they stand for, but who knows. Will have to watch the site in the future to find out where they are going with this.
Old 01-16-2003, 10:09 AM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

I happened to see them on 6:00 news this morning. Looks like there is going to be a protest in DC this Saturday. They showed part of a commercial against nukes with a little girl picking petals from a flower. I beleive it was a remake of a commercial from the 1960's.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 11:53 AM   #4
MagiK

Well that is good to know [img]smile.gif[/img] At least I can avoid DC this weekend [img]smile.gif[/img] the place gets so jammed up when there are events on the National Mall (no it isnt a shopping center for all you foreigners...it is a long grassy park between the capitol and the Washington Monument).

But this also helps identify them a bit better for me too..as I said the website seemd to be carefully written so as to not really say where they stand in general...the only thing you could say for certain is that they are anti-war with Iraq.

[ 01-16-2003, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]
Old 01-17-2003, 06:33 PM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
I happened to see them on 6:00 news this morning. Looks like there is going to be a protest in DC this Saturday. They showed part of a commercial against nukes with a little girl picking petals from a flower. I beleive it was a remake of a commercial from the 1960's.

Mark
You're right. It's LBJ's "Daisy" commercial from the '64 election campaign re-tooled for the new millennium. They've been showing both versions all over the talk shows for the last day or two.