Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2002, 06:31 PM   #1
PoesRaven
Manshoon

Im always having system problems, the cursor always seem to lag across the sccrren.
I have an AMD 1.2 gig processor, 256 ram, 32 bit Kyro II vid card, 266 fsb on board, Windows ME. I also have TDD installed, but not TOB, although i DO have TOb, just waiting for the patch for TDD.
I would love to hear any opinions on the best settings for smoother gameplay.
PoesRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 07:18 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

quote:
Originally posted by PoesRaven:
Im always having system problems, the cursor always seem to lag across the sccrren.
I have an AMD 1.2 gig processor, 256 ram, 32 bit Kyro II vid card, 266 fsb on board, Windows ME. I also have TDD installed, but not TOB, although i DO have TOb, just waiting for the patch for TDD.
I would love to hear any opinions on the best settings for smoother gameplay.

turn em up all the way, this system should be able to handle anything you can through at it. the fact that your only experienceing problems with the cursor makes me suspect that the kyro chipset is not as good as reported.

i recall seing some hardware/software toggles on some blit modes - try playing with them. i also recall seing something in the readme about cursor problems, and definalty about use of the blit switches.

the switches are the the config program somewhere.

The only problem with this theory is the kryo has all the features of the geforce 2, and the geforce 2 can handle every hardware blit i can think of. you may have a faulty board.
Old 01-27-2002, 12:45 AM   #3
Auraleus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Don't take this the wrong way... but something I have noticed in posts about system problems on boards across the net is that they share this:

"I have ME"

heh
Old 01-27-2002, 02:00 AM   #4
Arathor
The Magister

yeah, windows ME is about the worst operating systems when it comes to running games. Games take memory, ME has a memory leak. I would reccomend the cheap task of downgrading to 98.
Arathor is offline   Reply With Quote