Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 03-26-2005, 04:44 PM   #31
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Can you skip the forest too?
Old 03-26-2005, 05:53 PM   #32
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Don't think so. But my barb has high enough wilderness lore to get through so i probably didn't install that aspect, as as I said i don't tend to use ease-of-use components
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 10:12 PM   #33
Magness
Quintesson

I'm not aware of there being any "skip the forest" module anywhere. But I never really have any problem with it since I almost always have a character in my party that's skilled in Wilderness Lore.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 03:18 AM   #34
Serak Moonblade
Manshoon

battle squares seem to be too drawn out in this game. i stopped after the fifth rank. i started running out of ammo. anyways something wrong with my comp and had to reformat it. but still the problem persists. so net effectall of IWD + HoW + IWD2 till drider caves gone...........BOO HOO HOO!!!

5 months of WORK donw the drain....
Either learn or leave
Serak Moonblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 05:25 AM   #35
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I have wilderness lore too, but after a bunch of games, all the questing in there is just boring.

I'd rather be progressing with the game rather than be running back and forth between the town and forest on errands.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:13 AM   #36
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

It is another point where you wish you could just move on.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:53 AM   #37
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Well, I think the forest is a nice addition, it's different, ya know? Plus, it's really not as annoying, since you can do all the wandering village quests in 30 minutes without missing out on anything.
And lately, I just try to win the 7-square victory on Battlesquares level 10, to prove I can do it, and then skip it.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:02 AM   #38
Magness
Quintesson

I hate "skipping" it, per se. I want the swag. That's why I like using the Ease of Use option for skipping BS while getting all of the XP and treasure.

I've never really liked the design of the battle squares "game". I liked the general concept of challenges in Durlag's dungeon in BG1's ToSC. That is, multiple distinct rooms where the entire party could be involved.

Battle Squares just has too many solo battles and becomes too tedious, far too fast. By comparison, I think that the monk challenges is much more amusing because each room is a different challenge, but none are so terribly difficult that they cannot be beaten.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:15 AM   #39
Magness
Quintesson

Ever since understanding that the true key to the Fell Wood is having a character with good Wilderness Lore, I've never had any problem with it. Any ranger, barbarian, or druid can take WL as a class skill.

Heck, even a cleric can be pretty good at WL, since it's a WIS based skill. If you don't have a woodsey class, just have your cleric take one point of WL and his WIS bonus will kick in, and ... bingo ... instant, decent WL.

And I agree with Bozos of Bones, the Fell Wood doesn't take all that long, so long as you have a decent Wilderness Lore character.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:51 PM   #40
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Its all the going back and forwards that i find frustating, not finding my way in the wood itself