Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2003, 10:59 AM   #11
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Hail friend's, well no new's yet, the young one is still causing havok amongst my wifes inard's, but it should be any second now since the doctors swore she wouldnt make it till Monday.
Old 03-18-2003, 11:00 AM   #12
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I'm gonna eat me some General Tsau's Chicken!
Old 03-18-2003, 11:01 AM   #13
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Morning people. [img]smile.gif[/img] Wonderful to start the day with a new cafe. Good call Cloudy. So how is everyone?

Edit: Oh well just for the sake of it; YAY first non-Cloudy post! Does that mean I´m buying?
Yep! I'll have a large hot chocolate and a scone with jam. \

Hiya Willow, and everyone else! Good morning from Upstate NY, where it's actually ABOVE FREEZING!! For the third(or fourth, I cant remember) day in a row, it's actually above freezing. The snow is melting, the sky is sorta clear, and it's about 50 degrees outside. It was really nice yesterday...blue skies, around 60, and a nice little breeze. Great day!!

How's everyone else? [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

LOL...Yep, poor Cloudy had insomnia, and I had the WIERDEST dream this morning. I was lying there, and my alarm went off. Then I hit the snooze button. Then the alarm clock started whispering to me "PSSST...Jim...wake up, you're late!" Me, mumbled "no I'm not, I've still got another hour" it "no, it's 6:45, you're late." me "nope...sleepin in, go 'way". Then, about 6:50 I really did wake up, looked around, looked at the clock, then sort of slid out of bed and dashed for the kitchen. I asked Cloudy if she had called to me to wake me up, and she said now...Hmmmm...I guess it's no Four Cheese Dorito's for me before bed. *POUT*

[ 03-18-2003, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: Nachtrafe ]

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Old 03-18-2003, 11:10 AM   #14
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

harley, don't you watch "The Flintstones"? You should know by now to put the cat out for the night [img]smile.gif[/img] Unfortunately for me it was my wife that woke me up at 4:00 this morning. She doesn't like it when I put her out. I think we should use this lack of sleep constructively and have an IW sleep deprivation study. I'll get TL help me to apply for a grant. Nobody should go to sleep until we here back from the government. It shouldn't take more than a year or two.
Old 03-18-2003, 11:17 AM   #15
Epona
Zartan

Oh blimey, culture differences yet again render what I consider a simple statement confusing to the rest of you! Sorry [img]redface.gif[/img]

By a cooker I mean hob and oven combined, in a freestanding unit. I've had to get myself a second hand electric one, not my cooker of choice, but I'm quite pleased with it - it works and that's the main thing. [img]smile.gif[/img] I can now cook instead of nuking everything. (nuking= slang for microwaving in case I cause yet more confusion and end up having weapons inspectors move in )
Old 03-18-2003, 11:23 AM   #16
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Oh blimey, culture differences yet again render what I consider a simple statement confusing to the rest of you! Sorry [img]redface.gif[/img]

By a cooker I mean hob and oven combined, in a freestanding unit. I've had to get myself a second hand electric one, not my cooker of choice, but I'm quite pleased with it - it works and that's the main thing. [img]smile.gif[/img] I can now cook instead of nuking everything. (nuking= slang for microwaving in case I cause yet more confusion and end up having weapons inspectors move in )
Congrats Epona! LOL...Over here we call em 'Stoves'.

We also say 'nuking' too.

Hmmm...interesting bit of trivia: Did you know that Microwaves dont actually 'nuke' food. They use radar waves(yep, the same thing that they use to find planes) to bombard food, excite the water molecules, and cause it to boil. [img]smile.gif[/img] They used to be called 'Radar Ranges', except, during WWII and after, people were nervous about 'Jerry and Jap' spies(forgive the term, but it *is* historically accurate, and appropriate in context [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) using their 'Radar Ranges' to spy on Americans cooking their dinners Apparently the public outcry was such that all of the 'Radar Ranges' were recalled/pulled from shelves, and came out about a year later with the new name "Microwave".

See...I'm just full of useless information.

Old 03-18-2003, 11:30 AM   #17
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Yes, it's amazing how much useless information we seem to accumulate over the years yet the useful stuff (like what we went to the store to get) seems to never stick [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2003, 11:34 AM   #18
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by harleyquinn:
Yes, it's amazing how much useless information we seem to accumulate over the years yet the useful stuff (like what we went to the store to get) seems to never stick [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Yep, that's why your typical male can be sent to the store for 'milk, bread, and a dozen eggs', and come back with a six pack, a Playboy, and a couple of bags of Doritos. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2003, 11:42 AM   #19
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:

I just call mine a piece of crap that burned my dang pizza! How is everyone today? I shall ask this once, and one final time, does anyone, want to hear the short story am writing? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 03-18-2003, 12:00 PM   #20
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Hey /)eathkiller, what's the manga in your sig? I can't help but think it looks familiar.....