Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2003, 07:38 AM   #21
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Ar-Cunin:
Whatever happened to shovelling snow with a shovel - this seems like laziness [img]tongue.gif[/img]
If you've ever seen a canadian snow storm just before you had to go to work, you wouldn't say that.

Reminds me of the guy who's wife wouldn't let him park his plow truck at home because it "looked ugly". He worked late most of the time, so he said "fine, YOU shovel it!" After two days of that she relented and let him park it at home.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:28 AM   #22
wellard
Dracolisk

Time for bed...
*puts on the kettle for those waking up* have a good day everyone and enjoy those snowball fights.

pins a notice to cafe window.. *please everyone read your pm's thankyou*

[img]graemlins/sleeping.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 02-17-2003, 09:36 AM   #23
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
Hey I have a question!

Anyone ever notice how most of the US presidetns last names are british? With the execption of Eisenhower and a few others...Most of hem have been british..I wonder why? Given there are alot of British imigrants. But still, it seems like there would be a bit more diversity.
Well, the country was originally settled by British immigrants and founded by British descendants, so it's not all that odd. It has become more diverse, lately, with both Roosevelts (Dutch descent), Kennedy(Irish), and Reagan (Irish). I was going to add Nixon, but he was of Scotch descent, so falls under the British umbrella. Also, immigrants here have tended to adopt British sounding names, as this tended to make them fit in better. If Colin Powell becomes president, we won't assume he was descended from Enoch Powell or Baden-Powell.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:42 AM   #24
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Thanks, Attalus.

So then I could say:
Will Smith Sigmar don't gotta cuss in his raps to sell records.
Well, I do, so F&$% him and F&$% you too.
-- Eminem (version 2)

[edit] Umm.... Just in case this was taken wrong, I was SO joking. [img]graemlins/kidding.gif[/img]
Just as well fool, I was about to get in yo' face and give you a beat down, dig? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously though there wasn't a need to add in the J/K comment Peace brother...peace.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:45 AM   #25
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
........but he was of Scotch descent, ..........
Och Noooo! This is soooo wrong. I hope Mouse disney see it!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 02-17-2003, 09:47 AM   #26
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Good morning all. Hello to all those who are snowbound. As an Upstate New Yorker who has to deal with several feet of snow in a snowfall on a regular basis (last count it was over 110 inches so far this season), you have my sympathy. The only difference is when we get the amount of snow you're getting, we're still expected to go to work/school/appointments or whatever else. Stay warm and safe!!
How's everyone doing this morning? Have we gotten a replacement jukebox yet? Maybe we should put a gate around it to keep Arion from slamming into it. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2003, 09:54 AM   #27
Sir_Tainly

Hi Harleyquinn,

Good morning to you too..except it's afternoon here [img]smile.gif[/img] Don't think we've spoken before so here's a belated greeting [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-17-2003, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: Sir_Tainly ]

Old 02-17-2003, 10:11 AM   #28
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Quote:
Och Noooo! This is soooo wrong. I hope Mouse disney see it! [/QUOTE]LOL, see the first chapter of George MacDonald Frasier's The Steel Helmets.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:20 AM   #29
MagiK

Morning all!!! Well we have 5'+ drifts covering the front porch and windows..so no sunlight from there....there are 4' drifts in front of the garage doors which won't even lift up...Im glad we went out and got a few extras yesterday now...I think we are stuck untill we get plowed out.

Harley, the difference between where you are and where we are, is that the streets have enough of the snow removed so as to allow cars with 4" of ground clearence to be able to run....even the main roads here are still covered with a foot or more of snow. The Jeep can navigate it ok, but the Grand Am is dead meat. But on the other hand, I don't need to go to the office to work.

[ 02-17-2003, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 02-17-2003, 10:39 AM   #30
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Quote:
Och Noooo! This is soooo wrong. I hope Mouse disney see it! [/QUOTE]LOL, see the first chapter of George MacDonald Frasier's The Steel Helmets. [/QUOTE]I'm not questiong Nixon's heritage Attalus. rather the use of the adjective 'Scotch'. It means he was decended from whisky! The correct adjective is 'Scots'. A small point I grant you but you wouldn't believe how much it upsets the Scots when it's misused.

[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show