Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-21-2001, 03:55 PM   #1
Tkboy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am in the frist part of th game, and i have all these keys what do i do with them?
Old 05-21-2001, 04:09 PM   #2
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hold on to them until you are out (if you get out) of the dungeon that you start in. You'll need them later in the dungeon...

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-21-2001, 04:23 PM   #3
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Spoiler:
------------------------
-----------------------
---------------------
-------------------
-----------------
---------------
-------------
------------
-----------
----------
---------
-------
------
-----
----
---
--
-
THe keys are used to disarm speical traps,once you disarm them you get the wand of the trap (fire,cloud kill ect.)
Old 05-21-2001, 08:39 PM   #4
Tkboy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

okay but were shall i put them, i am out of the dungoen, and there taking up must of my space
Old 05-21-2001, 08:44 PM   #5
gdt
Elite Waterdeep Guard

if your out of the dungeon are you SURE they are still keys?
Old 05-22-2001, 03:57 AM   #6
Link
Jack Burton

Man dude! you should have been hit by a dozen traps!!!!!!!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 05-22-2001, 04:03 AM   #7
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

SPOILER

There are shrines to the left of the traps with wands on them. Use the keys on these (you will see the arrow symbol/activate button). This will insert the key and remove the wand, disarming the trap. You get the keep all the wands too. This allows you to see a scene involving a vampire and releasing a peasant guy (he's really a demon in disguis and attacks you when you let him out). You also find some duegar and get a few cool items.

A cheating way to get past without the keys is to go the very top and sneak aroud the traps. Theres only a little gap but you can make it.

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness. I'm also an ice cream man!

[]####[]::::::>
Old 05-22-2001, 04:23 AM   #8
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

if youve left the first floor and are now on the second floor youll have to clear a room full of machines that spawn Mephits and the 2 adjoining rooms i think. then youll come to a large room that has a carpet in the ceenter of the room. then you have to send one guy (the one with the keys) to the base of each pillar to swap the keys for the rods.
Old 05-22-2001, 04:27 AM   #9
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthdog:
if youve left the first floor and are now on the second floor youll have to clear a room full of machines that spawn Mephits and the 2 adjoining rooms i think. then youll come to a large room that has a carpet in the ceenter of the room. then you have to send one guy (the one with the keys) to the base of each pillar to swap the keys for the rods.
I dont think it matters who has the keys as long as somebody does. This apply with every situation like this in the gane.

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness. I'm also an ice cream man!

[]####[]::::::>
Old 05-22-2001, 05:22 AM   #10
Link
Jack Burton

Correct, Black Assassin. It doesn't matter who has the stuff, as long as someone does it. The same goed for other things in the game. I though you finished the game, Earthdog? Should have known that, do you???

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......