Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2001, 02:02 PM   #1
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Dearest Ramon,

Have tried to find you on MSN. Could not. What have I done wrong?

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

*Member of the HADB clan. Mage extraordinair.
Occasional subjugate to Gwhanos the Fluffy *
(when G is behaving)
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."
Old 09-19-2001, 02:24 PM   #2
Epona
Zartan

I am always confused by the proliferation of unusual names used by people on MSN. I believe that our dear Ramon is currently known as Embodiment_of_Impertinence if that helps you at all!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 09-19-2001, 02:27 PM   #3
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Well, dearest DM, I accepted your request to add me to your list of contacts and by doing this also automatically added you to my list: but according to my list you are currently not signed in to MSN. Is that little MSN figurine symbol in your Windows taskbar all green ? If so by clicking on it you should be able to open your list of contact and see my as being online. If there is a red-white cross symbol over that figurine right-click on it and choose "sign in" in the pop-up menue. (Of course, you need to be online for that.)

I hope that helps. If not, I'll have to do some thinking what could be wrong. (btw, my current MSN screennmame is "Embodiment of Impertinence" , sorry forgot to tell you that, I hope, that was not your problem in finding me ...)

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 09-19-2001, 02:31 PM   #4
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Thank you Epona, that's exactly what I needed.

And...Bad Ramon. Wicked, evil, naughty, Ramon. Yes - that's what I needed. You shall be unmercifully tickled whenever I see you!

------------------

(when G is behaving)

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 09-19-2001).]
Old 09-19-2001, 02:32 PM   #5
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
I am always confused by the proliferation of unusual names used by people on MSN. I believe that our dear Ramon is currently known as Embodiment_of_Impertinence if that helps you at all!
Thanks, dearest Epona, I have a growing suspicion that you have directly pinpointed the problem while I was still idiotically going through explaining the mechanics ...

Thanks for helping !

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Old 09-19-2001, 02:47 PM   #6
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Well, still having trouble navigating the waters in there. I'm not finding you in there, but it also doesn't look the same here at work as it does at home where I set my account up. I can pull up my hotmail and I can get to MSN.chat, but when I try to go to MSN.com, it starts to download things to my computer here and I can't let it do that. They monitor our systems here including downloaded files and I don't wish to get in trouble at work. Things are kind of "jumpy" here right now. Not surprising that the Airline Industry here has been hit rather hard and we repair those jet engines. If they go down, we go down. Plus, we have overseas accounts that may not be able to get their parts to us nor our repaired ones back to them in a timely manner and that may lose us some accounts. Hopefully not, but we don't know just how this will impact us yet.

Anyway, hon. I may have to wait til I get home to chat on MSN and I just hope you will be awake/online when I get there. I'll be home around 5:30 my time which, if I'm not mistaken, is about 6 hours behind you. Here's to hoping.

------------------

(when G is behaving)
Old 09-19-2001, 02:49 PM   #7
Epona
Zartan

You are most welcome, kind sir!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 09-19-2001, 03:50 PM   #8
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Well, still having trouble navigating the waters in there. I'm not finding you in there, but it also doesn't look the same here at work as it does at home where I set my account up. I can pull up my hotmail and I can get to MSN.chat, but when I try to go to MSN.com, it starts to download things to my computer here and I can't let it do that. They monitor our systems here including downloaded files and I don't wish to get in trouble at work. Things are kind of "jumpy" here right now. Not surprising that the Airline Industry here has been hit rather hard and we repair those jet engines. If they go down, we go down. Plus, we have overseas accounts that may not be able to get their parts to us nor our repaired ones back to them in a timely manner and that may lose us some accounts. Hopefully not, but we don't know just how this will impact us yet.

Anyway, hon. I may have to wait til I get home to chat on MSN and I just hope you will be awake/online when I get there. I'll be home around 5:30 my time which, if I'm not mistaken, is about 6 hours behind you. Here's to hoping.
I am awfully sorry to hear that you are having a rough time at work.

Yes, when you get home at 5:30 p.m. your time (EST), that will be 11:30 p.m. for me here (EST). So, we won't be able to chat for ages, but should still be able to inaugurate MSN for you.

And with time we should be able to find solutions for all technical problems.

See you, take care !

------------------
So long !

R³ aka "The Ramonster"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks