Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-28-2001, 08:36 PM   #1
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

Every freakin' time I turn around this guy is dead. It seems every battle I'm in, Keldorn is a pin cushion. Ive tried the Cross bow approach, SPLAT......I've tried his own sword......CRUNCH.....

I know, I know I've heard all the stories about some amazing sword....BLAH....BLAH.....BLAH, What good is the sword, if you can't pull your weight getting it. Next time I come up to him, in a new game, it's Disinedrate, or finger of death, or something..........

Hey Keldorn...IT's time to DIE!!!

------------------
Old 08-28-2001, 08:42 PM   #2
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Am might I suggest equiping him with gloves of dexterity then he is amazing with or without supersword.

------------------
Old 08-28-2001, 08:49 PM   #3
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
Am might I suggest equiping him with gloves of dexterity then he is amazing with or without supersword.

Not to sound ignorant, but.....Those would be found where?

------------------
Old 08-28-2001, 08:54 PM   #4
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Well ofc he is gunna get his face pushed in with a 2h sword wielded and that awful dex. First order of business is to get that dex up to 18. Secondly make sure he is not standing in the fight alone. if you want a fighter like that then go with a 1h weapon and a shield and pick someone with better dex. Keldorn is awesome for things even outside of pure killing power. I can pop off true sight whenever I want. Thats AWESOME. No spell slots wasted on detecting an invisible opponent. Hell spend those slots on summon spells to back up keldorn.
Old 08-28-2001, 08:54 PM   #5
jabidas
Silver Dragon

The gloves are on the quest you find him, here goes talk to the leader of the cult and ask is there anyway could you help him without losing your eyes and he gives you a quest to get part of a septer. When you come back from getting i (trying to avoid major spoils)talk to the formaer cultists and they will tell you how to get into the beholder lair. Now you have to walk through some corridors of undead first but when your going along you find this one zombie goes to warn the mayor or something follow him and your inside this building where if you go over the bridge inside the gauntlets are in a big pile of garbage on the ground. If you need more help do tell and Good luck.

------------------
Old 08-28-2001, 08:58 PM   #6
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ahh, I probably had them the first time I played through. I just never use Keldorn. Thanks for the help.

I guess now I'll have to get the gloves, and try him out.

------------------
Old 08-28-2001, 09:16 PM   #7
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

I have been accused of not making my point. My point is that for my style I need tanks, and when you first get him, he is not a tank. I need a Whipping boy, to take a beating, while i finese the enemy with the arcane arts.

------------------
Old 08-28-2001, 09:57 PM   #8
zNOVAz
The Magister

I dont see whats so bad with him, he, Menks and Ameon are my "grunts" of the group and I have not had massive deaths in a very long time. Ture sight and dispell magic have helped me out of problems many times, and protection from evil is always handy.
Old 08-28-2001, 10:45 PM   #9
deathknight
Drow Warrior

well your post says that he is one of the worst NPCs. that is simply not true. true sight is a level 5 cleric spell that he can cast several times per day. he has protection from evil out the wazoo,and dispell magic. Even without Carsomyr he is a good choice. Ever since I have played through the game with him I find I very much miss his abilities when I play a party without him. Again though I gotta say if your main use is going to be a damage sync then don't throw a low dex warrior with no shield into the fight alone. You can't say he is bad if you don't utilize his strengths. its like saying edwin is bad at melee (heh well duh!). The mere fact that you can throw a pair of gauntlets on him to fix all his troubles makes his shortcoming a very small one. Alot of the NPCs in this game have low dex scores so chose your poison pretty much. The problem with keldorn is how can you resist using carsomyr? now you are missing out on alot of ac with no shield is all.
Old 08-29-2001, 03:43 AM   #10
Sorcerer Alex

Keldorn makes an awesome fighter with the gloves of dexterity. Give him Armor of the Heart, a decent helmet and Carsomyr as well and you have a truly indestructable warrior. Also take into account his True Sight and Dispel Magic spells. Given all this, I just don't understand how he is a bad NPC in your eyes Angelofdeath