Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-15-2001, 09:30 AM   #51
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

I'm just ecstatic that there's going to be an expansion. Some people are complaining about characters getting too powerful at level 40. Maybe the results of levelling up will be lessened the higher you go? Basically just hit points and saving throws. A mage who can cast twenty of every spell level would be a bit powerful. The 'famous' characters in the game are under strengthed though. You shouldn't even be able to touch drizzt in a fight, let alone kill him. Artemis and Jarlaxle are just pitiful. They had to make Drizzt weak or you could just let him kill all those vamps by himself. Elminster had to conform to the programming and level limits in the game. He would have many unique spells and magic items of his own creating and be able to escape from battle anyway. He is over nine hundred years old. Make no mistake, by the end od BG2 you're party are a really powerful group with very few equals in Faerun so any continuation of the story should be pretty epic. I'm curious about whether they are going to continue all the romances? If they are I'll have to start two more games. I have Jahiera as my love at the moment so I'll need ones with the others. Oh well something to do so I don't get impatient waiting. Hopefully some of the characters like Minsc will turn up in other games or books too. I'd like to see Bhaal children referred to in the novels as they are a pretty major thing. The mere fact that Elminster is watching you is testament to this.

------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to visit this board.

[This message has been edited by Draggor (edited 03-15-2001).]
Old 03-15-2001, 09:37 AM   #52
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Everybody here that is complaining about the game will still buy the game, so why try to convince others that there are problems with it ???

S'okay Larry, everyone's entitled to their opinion...even if they're wrong

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-15-2001, 11:48 AM   #53
Malecite
Elite Waterdeep Guard

BUMP

BUMP

Lvl 40 does seem a bit excessive however Its not like your going to get to level 40 if you dont cheat. Plus think about it your a child of a murder god making you a demigod at the very least. I am skeptical however of the time it takes you to get to such a high level as you reached in BG2. I left the game with a mage of level 20. But again think of the things you do in BG2 that most others would not. You single handedly crush trolls, burn mages (irenicus), and slay dragons. Now an ancient red alone is supposed to be extremely tough according to the rules yet you manage to kill him and take his +5 sword. I just wish people would quit criticizing a game that hasn't come out yet and wait patiently like the rest of us.
P.S its okay to be excited however WOOT! EXPANSION!

SO STOP COMPLAINING!
Old 03-15-2001, 11:53 AM   #54
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

heh, I will definately not buy Throne of Bhaal. when NWN comes out month after, what better things could ToB possibly offer? and I really dislike the lvl 40 idea. if the demigod is lvl 40, then how the abyss did Cyric slay a copyrighted god, which was definately at least three times his level?
Old 03-15-2001, 02:17 PM   #55
koz-ivan
Manshoon

cyric had some help, "prince of lies" will reveal how much
Old 03-15-2001, 02:21 PM   #56
koz-ivan
Manshoon

also he may have stood still long enough for cyric to set some traps...
Old 03-15-2001, 02:44 PM   #57
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

lol
Old 03-15-2001, 09:02 PM   #58
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

*BUMP*

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-15-2001, 10:13 PM   #59
Wille D
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cool

------------------
Cheers,
Wille D
Old 03-15-2001, 10:47 PM   #60
Aegis Crownguard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

wow, im sorry i ever posted anything in the first place. i was never complaining about the game - just stating my opinion...