Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-19-2000, 08:16 AM   #1
eeks

I deleted BG 1 ages ago and lost my saves in a hard drive crash. I can't for the life of me remember whether there would be any long term benefits replaying BG 1 and then transferring to BG2. I think i will just for the fun of it. If i play a straight fighter i can change him to a Kensai when i start BG2??

cheeers

Old 10-19-2000, 08:39 AM   #2
gunner

how can you wait that long?

Old 10-19-2000, 10:32 AM   #3
Jehiva Headsmasher

If you get the Tomes of XXX(leadership etc.), you can start with a character with better stats then you could ever get in the second game. Yes, you can change to Kensai also.

Old 10-19-2000, 02:46 PM   #4
TDZHON

That's a good point - especially if you want to dual to Mage after being a fighter. You could would be as hardy and strong as a half orc, have the intelligence of a gnome, and the dex of an elf. Leave your Wisdom and char low so that all those other stats are 19... Wow, you would be the ultimate warrior/mage.

Damn, that would be a LOT to go through to get there though, heh.

Old 10-19-2000, 08:22 PM   #5
Javalin Ironfist

Im currently playing BG I, having my fighter char and am going to import him to BG II and dual to a mage, that will rock! So, go ahead, anyway I never finished BG I straight way except using GateKeepers, so this time Im gonna replay it!

Old 10-20-2000, 07:38 AM   #6
Kwakkie

I think it would be better to play TOSC also, you then have more XP than with char imported from BG1, or newly created ones.

Old 10-20-2000, 08:18 AM   #7
Brother Zeber

Definitely. But as a previous poster said, only if you play thru ToSC as well.